Want some EVH feel and tone?

Stratozone...
This guy is pretty good but Al (stradazone) is next level. His screen name is fitting.

The video in op gets closer on the single-note stuff but the rhythms don't have any of the Eddie swing (or the sweetened tunings Ed used). Still pretty damn good and better than most.

The video in op gets closer on the single-note stuff but the rhythms don't have any of the Eddie swing (or the sweetened tunings Ed used). S
Damn ! You're right.

That's what I'm hearing about Jacob that's a little bit off.

You have all the VH tuning offsets from Allen Garber (garbeaj)?

Damn ! You're right.

That's what I'm hearing about Jacob that's a little bit off.

You have all the VH tuning offsets from Allen Garber (garbeaj)?
No I don't use any offsets even tho I have small/modern Peterson strobe with offsets. I just tune normally and then lower the B string so that the major third between the second and third strings is sweetened. Then I'll go back and check the tuning (the perfect 4th) between first and second strings to make sure they don't clash. That covers most things it seems.

No I don't use any offsets even tho I have small/modern Peterson strobe with offsets. I just tune normally and then lower the B string so that the major third between the second and third strings is sweetened. Then I'll go back and check the tuning (the perfect 4th) between first and second strings to make sure they don't clash. That covers most things it seems.
Yeah, I tune to E♭

I use one tuning offset I learned from the VH ones garbeaj transcribed, and the entire guitar is in tune with itself.

Chords sound great all over the neck.

Why are people obsessed with VH and playing and sounding like him?

I’m not impressed by any of these copycat guys.

By all means, keep clicking so they can pay the bills.

I don’t understand the obsession at all either, but I also don’t understand why I’m entertained by seeing people’s reactions to said players either so :dunno: :LOL:

Back