Anyone ever play through a Basson 4x12

Techdeth

RESIDENT ROCK PROFESSOR
Couple are for sale cheap locally . I know the have Eminence. That’s it . Any have any info ?

I've heard pretty mixed things about them. I believe some (maybe not all) were made of MDF. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but some people don't jive with MDF cabs

I've heard pretty mixed things about them. I believe some (maybe not all) were made of MDF. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but some people don't jive with MDF cabs
Ok thanks for the info . I’m totally ignorant to this brand

I toured with one back in '06. It took a lot of abuse and held up just fine. There were a couple of different versions out there speaker wise. Both Eminence. One with Red, White and Blues and the other with Legends. I had the Legend version. Cab has a massive sound to it. A bit too neutral for my tastes as I prefer GB type speakers with more midrange bark but the legends work well for modern metal. Us tone snobs (myself included) like to write off MDF material and wouldn't look twice at these cabs but Basson was legit and Shawn the owner knew his shit. My band got endorsed by them so we gave them a shot and I'm truly happy I got to experience one.

I toured with one back in '06. It took a lot of abuse and held up just fine. There were a couple of different versions out there speaker wise. Both Eminence. One with Red, White and Blues and the other with Legends. I had the Legend version. Cab has a massive sound to it. A bit too neutral for my tastes as I prefer GB type speakers with more midrange bark but the legends work well for modern metal. Us tone snobs (myself included) like to write off MDF material and wouldn't look twice at these cabs but Basson was legit and Shawn the owner knew his shit. My band got endorsed by them so we gave them a shot and I'm truly happy I got to experience one.
Very cool . I might try to taking him to give me both for $400

I had the endorsement back in the day, and had 2 if the 4x12s and the 8x10. The cabs are solid birch oversized boxes (like a Recto cab), but the baffle is MDF. Worse yet, Basson had a habit of gluing their speakers in for a tighter seal. The Legends and the MDF made the cab pretty flat in response and tight, but not very resonant. I'm pretty sure everyone who bought one new got ot for $500, so $200 is about the going rate.

Don't get me started on the 8x10.

They're a pretty decent kinda cheapo cab. I had one back in the day that I'd leave at rehearsal spaces or occasionally bring to dive bar gigs. It sounded pretty good with my 5150.

my first post on site. have lurked for years. marshall cabs have mdf baffles too. i thought the whole cab was mdf no? nicer than i thought if mostly birch ply. Basson didn't invent sealing cabs/speakers. most see this is a positive not a negative. you can def change the speakers. may need a little solvent or something but glue isn't impenetrable.

I had the endorsement back in the day, and had 2 if the 4x12s and the 8x10. The cabs are solid birch oversized boxes (like a Recto cab), but the baffle is MDF. Worse yet, Basson had a habit of gluing their speakers in for a tighter seal. The Legends and the MDF made the cab pretty flat in response and tight, but not very resonant. I'm pretty sure everyone who bought one new got ot for $500, so $200 is about the going rate.

Don't get me started on the 8x10.

That’s like abortion quality irrigation technicians that glue pvc threads. ARGH!
-glue his underwear to his butt!!

Back