HB Pickup For Tyler HD Elite 2K?

gtrgriff3

I've got a Tyler made out of Mamywo in an HSS configuration and I've never been that happy with the humbucker, currently a Tyler Super which is what came in the guitar.

I don't really need a much hotter pickup, but I want a brighter pickup to counteract the dark tone of this particular guitar. I often set up an RC booster at unity gain, but just push the treble a touch and that does it. I'd rather not have to use a pedal.

For Tyler pickups there is the Secret, but something tells me it's going to be a noticeable drop in output, which I don't really want either.

Anyone know of a pickup that's a comparable output, but generally brighter with a little less bloat in the low mids? I don't really care who makes it.

I'm looking for classic hard rock tone out of this guitar through Marshall or Mesa/Boogie amps, typically. I love my Les Paul 57 VOS with the stock pickups and I have an Anderson Cobra with an H2 that I also really love, to give you a ballpark of what I'm looking for.

Studebaker!

I just got my second Tyler with that in the bridge and it does what you’re looking for in spades!

My first Tyler has a California Special and that’s hotter for sure

Let us know what you decide!

I've got a mamywo tyler with a California Special it rips...low end growl with upper mids to balance...doesnt sound too lower mid too me at all...full but balanced...with a mid kick but not in a bad way. Not woofy at all.

Shark is too cut off in upper mids for me. I know what you mean with the Super...slightly scooped and depending on guitar can sound a little too full. Secret is like a hot tele pickup meets a PAF...in a way. Not really for 'rawk' but a nice and very vocal pickup.

You may want to try the Supercharged Studebaker...sort of like a kicked up PAF meets a JB, but without the annoying (to some) JB upper mid honk...nice clarity and treble. Perhaps this would work for you best based on your needs.

Oh..the California Special may sound hotter than the Super, but its not really hotter, just has more upper mids, that are nice, so it feels a bit hotter. The Cali still has great clarity. Also is your Super covered? Sometimes taking the cover off could give you some more treble. Hope this helps

Cool deal. You should enjoy the California Special...its a great rock and roll pick up IMO. Kicks with clarity and growl.👊

Back