Double SDE3000 - 80s Goodness

EddyLenz

Hey Guys,

I finally fixed my 2nd SDE3000, which had a problem with the delay cutting in and out. After taking a look at it, I found that the delay output jack, which is a switch jack, doesn't properly forward the delay signal to the mixing circuit. Luckily I managed to pull out the jack and clean the contacts and bend the switch a bit more so it makes proper contact again.

I also discovered the stereo pitch shift in the SE-70 (I've always just used the standard pitch shift), which is probably my favorite setting. It really gives you a great stereo image.

Here's my signal path:
Guitars ('72 Strat, 2x CS Strats, Les Paul)
Amp (Lenz Prototype '74 Twin Reverb Rebuild)
Load Box (TAD Silencer)
Boss SE-70 (Stereo Pitch Shift)
2x Roland SDE3000 (300ms left, 600ms right, slight modulation)
H&H V800 Mosfet Power Amp
2000s Marshall 1960A with one of the '91 25W Greenbacks miced with Sm57 (left)
1991 Marshall 1960BX with 25W Greenbacks miced with Sm58 (right)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Cubase (no post-processing at all, just each mic panned hard left/right)

P1030763.jpg

Killer tones Eddie! FWIW, I'm deaf in my right ear so anything WDW or similar sometimes messes with me. It depends on which side I'm hearing. When I flip my headphones around, one way sounds way better than the other. Maybe that's why it sounds good but the 'no pitch shift' sounded really good. Just a little feedback from a 'one sided' listener.

Killer tones Eddie! FWIW, I'm deaf in my right ear so anything WDW or similar sometimes messes with me. It depends on which side I'm hearing. When I flip my headphones around, one way sounds way better than the other. Maybe that's why it sounds good but the 'no pitch shift' sounded really good. Just a little feedback from a 'one sided' listener.
Could you repeat that please? I was only half listening.

Thanks! Yeah, that's probably because of the mic and cab difference. The 1960A on the left has only one Greenback in it that I miced and the rest are the stock 75W... It's not ideal, but it was the only way I could do it right now because I only have one Greenback 4x12. I'll have to get a 2nd one at some point.

Thanks! Yeah, that's probably because of the mic and cab difference. The 1960A on the left has only one Greenback in it that I miced and the rest are the stock 75W... It's not ideal, but it was the only way I could do it right now because I only have one Greenback 4x12. I'll have to get a 2nd one at some point.

On the jobsite we’d call you
“Get her done Jenkins”.
Find the cone & fire it up!
Git’ter done Jenkins style.

Back