A question for you 25.5" guys, considering a Les Paul

I was mostly referring to the upper fret access. I can't use my Ashlee as a guide since it has extra upper fret access designed into the cutaway. I guess I could go by guitar center and spend a few minutes with a gibson les paul and see how I feel about it.

I definitely have to work a bit more for access to an LP's upper frets. I just have to be willing to get more animated and move the guitar and my arm/shoulder/wrist around to get things where I need them.

With a Superstrat, I can just stand there and nonchalantly play whatever. Can't do that with an LP.

I have a couple of Les Paul Axcess and a couple of Fender CS strats. No issues going between either guitars. I find if anything the Les Paul have lower action as they are 12" radius which is exactly the the Floyds are made for. My strats have 9.5 -14 which is also great. Because of the smooth heel joint on the Axcess, no issues with upper fret playing.

I don't have any issues jumping between 22/24 frets or 25.5 to 24.75 length necks but string gauge will mess me up. I've been jamming with a few guys and I'm playing bass. When I try to show them a riff I have to grab the guitarist guitar and suddenly I forget how to play. I know they think I must suck as I am completely out of my element with thin strings on a 24.75 neck and bigsby trem... They may as well have handed me a sitar

Back