Finally tracked down a Jackson Fusion

kmanick

it's a Pro and in pretty great shape. I love the neck on this, I didn't know if I'd take to a 24.75 24 fret guitar but so far I am loving it.
the EMGS are going though , I think I'm going to try a Duncan Alternative 8 and a pair of 1/4 pounders.
anyone here use the Alternative 8?
IMG_4821.jpg

That's a sweet guitar....was always on my list, as well as a Charvel 475, back in the day when I was buying pointy guitars.

Nice! I had a couple USA Fusions and they were fantastic playing guitars.

I also have used an Alt-8 and QP in a Charvel 475 DE, and it was a great combo. Worked really nice in that guitar.

That's a great looking guitar, mang! Enjoy playing it! I used to own a white Charvel Japan Fusion Plus guitar (2 humbucker version) that was stolen from me. I'd sure like to have it back, but the more recent offerings from Charvel are on my radar.

That's one of the good ones too. MOP logo, and ebony board. Should have the aluminum back covers too, just like the USA models. Congrats on the new guitar!
no trem cover came with it:( I'll have to check the other cover and see what it is) , it's at the Axe Palace right now getting a face lift (new pickups and a brass block also dropped it to EFlat and going with 10's instead of the usual .95-44's I use , they felt a litle too slinky compared to 25.5 scale.

I had a 90's Charvel Fusion that was killer. If you can find a "Charvette" they were the budget Fusion that was short scale and were a great modding platform.

Killer guitar. I had the Charvel Fusion, and a 475, same kind of thing. Yours is like a hybrid of those two, same body shape and scale as the Fusion, but the flamed top and bound neck of the 475. Really awesome looking.

One major negative, and the reason it has EMG's right now. Standard "triangle" shaped single coil pickups do not fit in the slots in the body. So you either have to route the body to fit (please don't do this) or special order those quarter pounders with the thin plates... I know this is possible but I've never done it myself.

The factory pickups sounded pretty good, J200R's, but good luck finding those for sale a la carte.

Killer guitar. I had the Charvel Fusion, and a 475, same kind of thing. Yours is like a hybrid of those two, same body shape and scale as the Fusion, but the flamed top and bound neck of the 475. Really awesome looking.

One major negative, and the reason it has EMG's right now. Standard "triangle" shaped single coil pickups do not fit in the slots in the body. So you either have to route the body to fit (please don't do this) or special order those quarter pounders with the thin plates... I know this is possible but I've never done it myself.

The factory pickups sounded pretty good, J200R's, but good luck finding those for sale a la carte.
ya my 94 soloist pro XL has the same single routes, the 1/4 pounders area easy to get in there. You can also get the Classic Stack + without the "v" base plate and the dimarzio heavy blues II (which are what my XL Pro has in it). the Lil 59'er and JB "jr" also work (I've had a few "pros" over the years :)

Well I go this back today with the new pickups and I must say I think I am a fan of the Alternative 8/1/4 pounder combination.
this guitar sounds killer now, and I think the Alt 8 is one of the best sounding humbuckers "split" I've ever used. it gets a great Yngwie
type of bridge tone. Sadly a couple of the intonation screws are stripped into the base so i ordered a new Schaller for it, thankfully I got it fairly cheap since now I'm dropping a little $$ into it , but I think I'm also a 24.75 24 fret fan. This may get me to start a search for a Charvel 750XL :)

Back