Some Uber Ultra action

It’s interesting that they are using JJ preamp tubes… when did they switch from the Chinese 12AX7Bs?

There's a reason we're seeing JJs in production amps. They're in mass supply because they're hot garbage. Inconsistent, unreliable and dark. Not what I personally look for.
Yeah, they’re putting them in the majority of production amps because they’re unreliable and amp manufacturers want tubes to fail potentially damaging their product while under warranty. Makes sense. 👍

This showed up today, eager to shoot it out against the ultra. It’s an absolute killer. Finally a new amp company that’s not a dud!!!

IMG_6249.jpeg

Heard this has the reactive tone of the VHT ultralead that's very immediate ?
It definitely is very immediate. Doesn’t hide any slop that’s for sure. Channels are clean/crunch, crunch/high gain, high gain/ ridiculous territory. All are very usable and sound great. Out of all the “new” era amp companies I’ve tried this is the only one I think will make the cut of staying around. By new era I mean driftwood, omega, revv, etc. I’m sure there’s a few others out there I haven’t tried.

The tones in this song are all very capable of achieving on this amp without any other boosts, as it has its own built in.

It definitely is very immediate. Doesn’t hide any slop that’s for sure. Channels are clean/crunch, crunch/high gain, high gain/ ridiculous territory. All are very usable and sound great. Out of all the “new” era amp companies I’ve tried this is the only one I think will make the cut of staying around. By new era I mean driftwood, omega, revv, etc. I’m sure there’s a few others out there I haven’t tried.

The tones in this song are all very capable of achieving on this amp without any other boosts, as it has its own built in.

Have seen this on video lately... sound cool !!

Anybody do some scooped tones with it? Most clips I’ve heard have been mid heavy.
The Hair and Hair+ switch settings seem to scoop the mids a lot, I can get a pretty brutal scooped tone especially on channel 1 Uber mode. My favorite amp ever is my Rev2, I set all eq knobs on that at 1:00, including gain, and that’s such a brutal tone. The Ultra can get pretty close to that, still has its own thing going on though. I play mostly drop c chug/sludge riffs and don’t really like modern djenty stuff at all, the Ultra nails that saturated scooped sound too. I haven’t even touched my Rev2 since getting the Ultra a few weeks ago, it’s that good! No clips yet, low volume iPhone clips in my apartment don’t do it justice, I’ll try to get some clips showing the scooped sounds at next band session next week.

Thanks for the reply. I also love my Rev 2 with a Maxon OD 808 boost. I had KT88s in it for the longest time but recently switched back to JJ E34Ls. I'm reminded of why this amp was designed around the EL34.

I'm curious to see how the Uber Ultra handles KT88s or a mixture of EL34s and KT88s.

The Hair and Hair+ switch settings seem to scoop the mids a lot, I can get a pretty brutal scooped tone especially on channel 1 Uber mode. My favorite amp ever is my Rev2, I set all eq knobs on that at 1:00, including gain, and that’s such a brutal tone. The Ultra can get pretty close to that, still has its own thing going on though. I play mostly drop c chug/sludge riffs and don’t really like modern djenty stuff at all, the Ultra nails that saturated scooped sound too. I haven’t even touched my Rev2 since getting the Ultra a few weeks ago, it’s that good! No clips yet, low volume iPhone clips in my apartment don’t do it justice, I’ll try to get some clips showing the scooped sounds at next band session next week.

What kind of tubes are in your Ultra?

Thanks for the reply. I also love my Rev 2 with a Maxon OD 808 boost. I had KT88s in it for the longest time but recently switched back to JJ E34Ls. I'm reminded of why this amp was designed around the EL34.

I'm curious to see how the Uber Ultra handles KT88s or a mixture of EL34s and KT88s.
Same here, I’m curious about KT88 in it too. I have a quad of Gold Lions I bought pre pandemic before the prices skyrocketed, I’m gonna try those in it at some point for sure.

Alright… this dude puts this amp to the test with extended range and it sounds like it can really keep things tight with our losing the grunt or getting too brittle.

He has the 150 watt version and I’d have to go with that based on what I’m hearing, even though that is only going to affect headroom.

I wonder how much self oscillation or noise it has

Alright… this dude puts this amp to the test with extended range and it sounds like it can really keep things tight with our losing the grunt or getting too brittle.

He has the 150 watt version and I’d have to go with that based on what I’m hearing, even though that is only going to affect headroom.

I wonder how much self oscillation or noise it has

Kenny Loggins lookout, this guy has entered the Metal Zone.

Not my style of music exactly, but it’s good to see it cover those areas.

I’m not sure how he doesn’t have screeching feedback when he lets chords ring out whereas others with potentially less gain had bad noise issues

Back