First Chiron, Les Paul, Soyuz clip

RaceU4her

This is my first clip with my les paul, i put some wagner icebuckers in it i got from Dan Travis in a lovely transaction i have to thank him for. i also got this Soyuz Bomblet last week and this is the first clip im doing with that, i got it more as a nice vocal mic and think it might be a little too full and balanced as a guitar mic but we'll see what you guys think. its definitely the sexiest microphone ever either way. then im using the Chiron to boost my Cameron mig which is an amp ive never boosted so this is all one big experiment. didnt have much time today so i just redid the guitars on the ac/dc song i did a few weeks ago, im gonna do something more galloping with these icebuckers when i have time.

https://app.box.com/embed/s/a5xy0432xu3okjmlui79c5wa0xdeo7au

guitars only

https://app.box.com/embed/s/gidrip6x5hf077a1pi1gaeml1x1id1ka

JvoSbgB_d.jpg

SvXbvuq_d.jpg

iu

Last edited:
I am digging this hearing it in my truck. I’m not even really sure the proper way to use a klon, this was just the volume and tone up a little and the gain at 10 o’clock

I am digging this hearing it in my truck. I’m not even really sure the proper way to use a klon, this was just the volume and tone up a little and the gain at 10 o’clock
Great clip!

The gain knob on the Klon set just shy of 9 o'clock is a great clean boost with some added lower mids. I use it to sweeten up a lackluster clean channel, or punch an amp to the next level. Perfect solo boost too, making notes stand out without changing too much of the base sound. From 9 o'clock up, it becomes more middy and adds dirt, while still retaining a good dose of bass. It's good for a standalone od into a clean amp for bluesy/classic rock stuff, or for pushing an amp like a JCM or Dual Rec into tighter chugs. Not as tight or congested as an SD1 or TS. I think of it like adding some spice to whatever pickup/amp combo, where the gain knob controls the mids, volume to taste for slamming the amp, tone knob to control the high end.

Great clip!

The gain knob on the Klon set just shy of 9 o'clock is a great clean boost with some added lower mids. I use it to sweeten up a lackluster clean channel, or punch an amp to the next level. Perfect solo boost too, making notes stand out without changing too much of the base sound. From 9 o'clock up, it becomes more middy and adds dirt, while still retaining a good dose of bass. It's good for a standalone od into a clean amp for bluesy/classic rock stuff, or for pushing an amp like a JCM or Dual Rec into tighter chugs. Not as tight or congested as an SD1 or TS. I think of it like adding some spice to whatever pickup/amp combo, where the gain knob controls the mids, volume to taste for slamming the amp, tone knob to control the high end.

thank you! definitely not as "colored" as a sd1 or ts9, really did just add a little upper mid spice. i love new boost pedals, now i have to try it with every combo of amp and guitar which will provide hours of entertainment

This is my first clip with my les paul, i put some wagner icebuckers in it i got from Dan Travis in a lovely transaction i have to thank him for. i also got this Soyuz Bomblet last week and this is the first clip im doing with that, i got it more as a nice vocal mic and think it might be a little too full and balanced as a guitar mic but we'll see what you guys think. its definitely the sexiest microphone ever either way. then im using the Chiron to boost my Cameron mig which is an amp ive never boosted so this is all one big experiment. didnt have much time today so i just redid the guitars on the ac/dc song i did a few weeks ago, im gonna do something more galloping with these icebuckers when i have time.

https://app.box.com/embed/s/a5xy0432xu3okjmlui79c5wa0xdeo7au

guitars only

https://app.box.com/embed/s/gidrip6x5hf077a1pi1gaeml1x1id1ka

JvoSbgB_d.jpg

SvXbvuq_d.jpg

iu
That sounds so right in soo many ways

Back