So I did a thing....and now I'm poor again

Matt300ZXT

I decided it's about time I owned a high end guitar. I had been looking at these for several days, then started looking at some local Les Paul Traditional or Standards last night and this morning and shifting my focus to those. But then I started thinking, if this Warrior sells with THIS top on it, I may never find another like it again that's actually somewhat affordable. I can find pretty tops on Les Pauls every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. This is a 1998 Fully Armored Solider and I'll probably run it by Warrior one day soon and let them take a look at it and see what they have to say about it. It'd be nice if they kept papers on file and could produce some case candy for it since this one doesn't have it anymore. He's getting it out today so I should have it by Friday I'm guessing.

duun0g7qxi5szzgbg32t.webp

eiyirwwsnbx1r3dpstzu.jpg

f59obxsruuaow761tvrs.jpg

fetvq8itw71muz6r6dz5.jpg

jjpcwtfxwbhz2e2ilis7.jpg

l90qb0h6p2iqmq6xja53.jpg

o4q0etqxrzw7ltqo17b6.jpg

rws45wk8jtic7jmhvgdm.jpg

shuybsxftzjiv6xowpld.jpg

sqclvqz28poc42gojnsb.webp

ss7ebobvpvvl7wo0thni.jpg

tx2gclfvusvmxebwc7ii.jpg

udqeib2due2blzo3veif.jpg

upgokxxfllw157yhojgl.webp

vixyay5azrj8xau7exlg.webp

vnzmdofueq9zbjzsewnj.webp

wzzydn58zi9wrkk1nkfn.jpg

I'd say you're rich in style. That top is fucking beautiful. You don't see ones with that much figure in it every day.

F-ing gorgeous! Congrats!
You know what material that nut is? (very 1st pic)
Hmm, not sure. Warrior does so many little things that can differ from guitar or bodystyle to the next and finding documentation on what they were using at the time can be tricky. I'm going to take it by Warrior's factory when I get it for them to just check it out and see what they can tell me about it.

I'd say you're rich in style. That top is fucking beautiful. You don't see ones with that much figure in it every day.
Yes sir, that's the reason I bought it over any of the other Warriors....at least from the ones I could afford. I was talking to my buddy Patrick Sims, who runs Sims Custom Shop, who used to do some of their finishing work way back in the day and showed him this one and a quilt top I was looking at and he suggested I get the flame top because that's hella flamed and you don't see many guitars with that high of a grade of a top on it without paying TONS of money. He said he liked when they cut them for the chevron pattern, and so do I. I'm not going to do it, but I wonder how beautiful that top would be had they chosen to rub in some dye and clear over it or do a burst over it. It'd be stellar for sure.

Yes sir, thank you....there's so much flame in that top that the Westboro Baptist Church is gonna protest me every time I play it.
I think you’ll be good. Weren’t these things “anointed” by their maker?
Run it through a “blessed” Splawn and you’ll be double covered.

I think you’ll be good. Weren’t these things “anointed” by their maker?
Run it through a “blessed” Splawn and you’ll be double covered.
lol yes they use "anointing" oil to finish some of their guitars. Fortunately, I was told what product they repackage as their high dollar dose of the oil, so I bought a much larger bottle of it tonight for maintenance for much cheaper than buying it from them.

lol yes they use "anointing" oil to finish some of their guitars. Fortunately, I was told what product they repackage as their high dollar dose of the oil, so I bought a much larger bottle of it tonight for maintenance for much cheaper than buying it from them.
It is definitely one helluva beautiful top.
Congrats.

That looks great. I am surprised by the pickup selector location, thought it would be with the rest of the knobs and switches. Maybe if I played it would make sense.

Back