Quick clip of my Tonenerd Whiskey Pickup

romanianreaper

I finally got around to doing a clip of my Tonenerd Whiskey. First off, mucho thanks to Scott for his patience as I was asking about what would work for me, etc. and for a quick and painless process.

At first, something sounded "off" with what I was hearing. I had gone to a concert a few days before I got thr pickup and my ears were stuffed up a bit. I also had the gain and other settings set higher due to having a lower gain pickup prior, so dropped the gain a bit and gave it a day and of course sounded killer!

I quickly setup an SM58 in front of my Friedman 1x12 cab so be gentle. No post eq, etc. The beginning is the Les Paul Classic with the Whiskey into my 5150-III 6L6 Stealth blue channel with gain at 9 o'clock. Then I hit Keeley D&M pedal as boost and then fir the drop D sounds I raise the gain to noon and then turn off the boost. Hope it does the pickup justice!

https://m.soundcloud.com/romanianreaper/tonenerd-whiskey-pickup

Thank for posting. I really liked the wet lead stuff. This is my personal favor for lead work.
Thank you man and keep making amazing pickups! It does exactly what I wanted gain-wise and is great having more grind on tap. Can't wait to crank my amp and hear it. I didn't mention it before but that clip is at low volume.

Nice!

Scott and I have been nailing down the details for a Whiskey to go into my new-to-me super tele.

Stoked!

Nice!

Scott and I have been nailing down the details for a Whiskey to go into my new-to-me super tele.

Stoked!
Nice!! Scott was awesome on the phone (no surprise) and actually talked me into the Whiskey. I was going to get a Sunset Strip originally and he was right about how this would be a good fit for my Les Paul. I'm sure one day I'll get a Sunset Strip. Great supporting a fellow forum member, especially with such a great piece of gear.

Back