More axe 3 tonezzzz: megadeth and nevermoreish tones.

they got the CCV in that thing??

6 channels of the CCV and 2 for the Atomica. I’m using the CCV in some of my cover band’s stuff, I can get pretty damn distorted and still roll back the volume knob/switch pickups and it’s clean enough for rock stuff. Big fan of that amp with the Orville w/Aldrich in the bridge, I’m basically using a metal tone in a funk rock band and I can get away with it.

Just thought these sounded great. It’s so easy to get great tones out of this thing.

Cameron atomica: titan audio GT75 IR 57/421 combo.

https://on.soundcloud.com/jv9CySp17CFX243E7

Recto 1 red modern:

Sneap IR.

https://on.soundcloud.com/azVA18BLbpsAJNjy6

You can’t knock that. Sounds killer to me recorded.

I just wish they sounded as warm and large/3D as the real deal in person. They figure that out and I’d sell it all. The recorded tone is definitely there.

You can’t knock that. Sounds killer to me recorded.

I just wish they sounded as warm and large/3D as the real deal in person. They figure that out and I’d sell it all. The recorded tone is definitely there.

Man I feel like they are even better in person! That’s what sold me anyways personally. When I heard some blind clips from my buddy of his recto vs the axe fx mic’d up, my jaw dropped. Couldn’t tell them apart at all . But when I heard it through one of my 4x12s with a good power amp, that’s what really amazed me. The amp models actually sounded like the amps they model, and what they would sound like through that particular cabinet. This was a big revelation to me coming from the kemper years ago, which did not sound like the amps it modeled at all with a power amp and cab. To each his own of course, but that was my experience anyways!

Man I feel like they are even better in person! That’s what sold me anyways personally. When I heard some blind clips from my buddy of his recto vs the axe fx mic’d up, my jaw dropped. Couldn’t tell them apart at all . But when I heard it through one of my 4x12s with a good power amp, that’s what really amazed me. The amp models actually sounded like the amps they model, and what they would sound like through that particular cabinet. This was a big revelation to me coming from the kemper years ago, which did not sound like the amps it modeled at all with a power amp and cab. To each his own of course, but that was my experience anyways!

What I enjoy most about my tube amps though is the ability to turn it on and it automatically just sound good. I hate tweakers paradise that’s required to record or sound correctly. One day they may get there but for now I stick with the real deal.

It’s wild homie. It’s scary good, and scary accurate.

yeah, that top end is pretty much just like the last clip i did of my cameron, that bright and cutting but still kind of gentle top thing they do that i havent heard many clips capture. i would like to hear the CCV since that one just popped up for sale

6 channels of the CCV and 2 for the Atomica. I’m using the CCV in some of my cover band’s stuff, I can get pretty damn distorted and still roll back the volume knob/switch pickups and it’s clean enough for rock stuff. Big fan of that amp with the Orville w/Aldrich in the bridge, I’m basically using a metal tone in a funk rock band and I can get away with it.

i understand, my cameron does a wonderful jangly rock tone that still rips, this is my strat with a duncan 78' and i think it does just that perfect.

https://app.box.com/embed/s/ns78xkupzwkle08zybsi0x0mjwbjmsmm

What I enjoy most about my tube amps though is the ability to turn it on and it automatically just sound good. I hate tweakers paradise that’s required to record or sound correctly. One day they may get there but for now I stick with the real deal.
That is why you just gotta find your sound, save it, and not mess with it. It will sound the same every time you turn it on.

The main problem I have with this is with different guitars.

That is why you just gotta find your sound, save it, and not mess with it. It will sound the same every time you turn it on.

The main problem I have with this is with different guitars.
I agree - I’m way more particular about my guitars than amps. I only have a handful of guitars but have cycled amps way more. To me they seem more personal and definitely more dependent on a players playing style. For that reason I find them also a bit harder to sell.

Back