UPDATE 06/13/23 : ALL the Chirons have shipped !!!

Gain bomb…..cause fuck it….that’s why….. I see a pattern here….what a rats nest….lol….pedal board next week hopefully….

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpeg
    IMG_0285.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Dang, all you guys getting yours in CA and mine still hasn't made it to me in AZ 😭 Can't wait to try this with my amps. I had a Soul Food when they first came out and I never used it, sold it new in box years later for more than I paid for it new :LOL:

Yea, that one’s more of a fuzz which is cool but not really my thing. If anyone else would like to try it shoot me a message and they can check it out for the cost of shipping. Everyone who received a bonus pedal should actually be doing this.
wasn't a huge fan of that circuit myself ..... I'm not much of a fuzz guy .... at all .

not sure on that yet .... this short run might just be upgraded parts / true bypass ... what would be more desirable ??? a asymmetrical / symmetrical switch ??? or or a diode option ... or maybe both
I think the asymmetrical/ symmetrical switch would be more noticeable, but both would be cool. Only ever heard a stock sd1 and a good number of tube screamers, so no first hand experience with either mod.

I think the asymmetrical/ symmetrical switch would be more noticeable, but both would be cool. Only ever heard a stock sd1 and a good number of tube screamers, so no first hand experience with either mod.
I honestly don't think it would do much for the circuit ... and changing diodes will change the sound of the pedal ... but I don't think in a great way .... there's a reason why you don't see to many changes offered with this circuit from any builder .... cause it sounds great .... when you upgrade the components ... you're increasing the fidelity and lowering the noise floor ... so it's the same circuit but man does it sound soooooo much better .

I honestly don't think it would do much for the circuit ... and changing diodes will change the sound of the pedal ... but I don't think in a great way .... there's a reason why you don't see to many changes offered with this circuit from any builder .... cause it sounds great .... when you upgrade the components ... you're increasing the fidelity and lowering the noise floor ... so it's the same circuit but man does it sound soooooo much better .
I have a mij sd1. It has a beautiful assymetrical clupping. Better than any boost. Just soo loud. If you make same thing quiet, im down. I dont care about switches

Back