NAD: Custom KSR Content

Candiria

It came with a Creamback H75/M65 cab, and its own high visibility jacket.

Better pictures from KSR:

received_707947901335890.jpeg

received_3663044260641745.jpeg
received_1977457699262327.jpeg

received_3086749731627558.jpeg

This the Gemini Custom.

All the things that are in the normal Gemini Lead Channel are in this: the 4 modes going from 3 gain stages to 5 gain stages, the Fat modes, and the voicing changes.

So what's custom about this...

It's a Dual Lead Channel Gemini. There's no clean channel, but there is a crunch mode that can act like a clean with lower output pickups.

Each channel has it's own EQ and Gain 1 & Gain 2 knobs giving more control over the different modes than say if you added a separate EQ to the standard Gemini.

The NFB knob (negative feedback control). This control basically allows you to take a modern, smooth amp and turn back time to when high gain was less controlled. It still sounds like the same amp, but the highs are more aggressive and the low end has more thump. It breathes life into the sound and response of the amp.

The Bright switch. This adds two additional levels of "bright". So essentially you have off, high mids, highs, highs and high mids. Like the original 2 way bright switch it adds a little gain and tightness to the amp acting like a subtle boost.

This is the tightest KSR I've ever played. The new bright modes remove the need for a boost. KSR never need a boost like a Dual Rec, but they could usually use one. I always ran mine with a slight boost out front. This one is different.

It'll also probably never get hit while riding its bike at night.

I didn’t know KSR did custom stuff like this. When I see “KSR custom” on their website, it makes me think that it’s specific to aesthetics and not circuit or tonal changes.

Let’s say I wanted a Juno but instead of having a clean channel, I have a different type of high gain or what KSR would call a “lead” channel to replace channel one. Is that a thing?

I didn’t know KSR did custom stuff like this. When I see “KSR custom” on their website, it makes me think that it’s specific to aesthetics and not circuit or tonal changes.

Let’s say I wanted a Juno but instead of having a clean channel, I have a different type of high gain or what KSR would call a “lead” channel to replace channel one. Is that a thing?

You can ask Kyle. Typically the custom part is aesthetics, but Kyle started out building custom amps for clients. The Juno was originally a custom ordered amp.

Kyle is just the best. Several one offs have become options. I usually like to keep a KSR in the stable. I sold my Ares to fund my Chubtone and I have been missing it. I was preparing to order another Ares when he announced the Orion. Basically 5 watts less than an Ares. So I sent my deposit about a week after launch. I need to send the other half but I need to pay my Atla off first(which I'm doing this week).

Both my cabs are KSR. KSR, Headfirst, Monomyth, and Ceriatone are my go to guys for all things amp related. I feel good doing business with these guys. Trying to find that kind of relationship for guitars. So far I'm counting Chubtone as one. Would like to have 2 more vendors like that.

Congrats on the amp. I bet it is loads of fun

Kyle is the man. I got a tour of his facility a couple months ago when I picked up my PA-50. Besides his own amp & cab mfg., he's got his hands in a lot of big name pots.

Congrats on the amp & cab! Looks great. ...And we need clips. (y)

Kyle is the man. I got a tour of his facility a couple months ago when I picked up my PA-50. Besides his own amp & cab mfg., he's got his hands in a lot of big name pots.

Congrats on the amp & cab! Looks great. ...And we need clips. (y)

Yea Kyle is a good dude. KSR definitely doesn't get enough recognition, which is funny considering they build stuff for 8 or 9 other brands like you mentioned.

I don't have any recording gear for proper clips or I would post something because this thing is killer.

Back