Custom metal guitars in 2023

Who’s killing it out there? Who have you guys ordered from? Who has the best product for the price now that everyone has decided to Jack up their price to absurd levels. Thinking about getting something but lots of mixed info out there…
Seems like inconsistency is running rampant.

Had a Jackson come in recently that went back, was real disappointed as I’ve had nothing but good luck from them, granted it was used. Looked at Kiesel and they seemed to have really upped their game, but man so much negative things out there. Mayones I’ve heard tuning stability issues. ESP was mostly good info except as of late, what’s going on there?
Lacello guitars. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Prices are insanely reasonable. He has a Facebook page and the guitar I have from him is immaculate. CANNOT beat his customer service either. Btw, my guitar is the golden one in the banner but I had him repaint it a purpleheart burst.

https://m.facebook.com/lacellocustom

For his prices his work looks incredible.
I'm extremely picky and I am fully satisfied. This guy truly cares about his work and about your satisfaction from the product he delivers. I couldn't be more pleased with the process and will definitely be hitting him up again in the future if I ever get some cash to do so. Tell him I referred you! You can get a really crazy deal if he just has one floating around that meets the specs you like.

Carillion and EQ Guitars. I got killer feedback from a gentleman who literally had it all, including Blackmachine B2s, Viks, Hufschmids and then some.

Tom Anderson, Rusti Guitars, GNG guitars are stellar too.

Few quick pics I just took of my Lacello. Not even dusted off. Sorry they aren't the best but should give you a general look.

Attachments

• IMG_20230531_160959116.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20230531_161302298.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20230531_161239256.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20230531_161246739.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20230531_161111178.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230531_161149531.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 30
Wow his work looks great. How did it compare to your Suhr quality wise?
I don't think a guitar could be built better than a McNaught. The Suhr was really well made, but Mcnaught is on a higher level. The only downside is the wait. It's just him building the guitar, so he usually only builds 2-3 guitars a month. My first one was close to a 2 year wait. With my current build, I was fortunate to take over the build slot someone backed out of. You could check with a dealer to see if they have build slot and change the specs to your liking.

Dean Gordon makes some really nice stuff. Also love me some Aristides :)

Attachments

• IMG_7156.png
    IMG_7156.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9551.jpeg
    IMG_9551.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 30
Check out Aristides. The built quality is always excellent, fretwork is insane and they actually sound great for the material they're made out of. You never have to worry about fret sprout, neck warping, fretboard cracks, tuning issues, etc.. I've got two on order now and I don't think I'll really order any other guitars.
Aristides are pretty awesome.

Carillion and EQ Guitars. I got killer feedback from a gentleman who literally had it all, including Blackmachine B2s, Viks, Hufschmids and then some.

Tom Anderson, Rusti Guitars, GNG guitars are stellar too.
I want a GNG, the clips I have heard have some killer tones. He makes his own pickups also. The tops on those guitars are so thick!

Another vote for Aristides. They are flat out incredible sounding and playing to me. And, among the benefits listed before ( no fret warp, tuning issues etc), they are all as consistent as possible. The same model side by side will sound identical. Pretty awesome.

Another vote for Aristides. They are flat out incredible sounding and playing to me. And, among the benefits listed before ( no fret warp, tuning issues etc), they are all as consistent as possible. The same model side by side will sound identical. Pretty awesome.
If they only didn’t look so bad I might have thought about one one day.

I ha
Dean Gordon makes some really nice stuff. Also love me some Aristides :)
I picked up a "Switch" brand guitar several years back that was killer. Turns out, they made the bodies out of the same stuff as Aristides or something very, very similar but with more traditional body shapes. You can pick them up for next to nothing and they are pretty sick little guitars. Kinda off topic but still.

Back