New 50 watt Bogner 3534 ?? Discussion is open.

I mean, at the end of the day it's hard to go off of just a couple youtube clips. Like Jccobb2 mentions, I'd be willing to give Reinhold the benefit of the doubt.

Something that comes to mind is the Mesa Badlander. There are loads of uninspiring youtube videos, but a number of forum members and youtubers like ZachWish and Bxlxaxkxe (who have played a huge amount of amps) were very impressed with that Mesa amp.

That’s no boost and all brights off
You still may dig it
It was meant pretty tongue in cheek. I am sure I will like it. Clips don't do justice.. I have never had a Bogner I did not like and I have had most of them. I have played the 3534 35 watter I fair bit. It was good, but not really much like a full size xtc iirc. and my SLO 30 kinda blew it away despite it sounding darn good on it's own merit. Sweetwater had one so I grabbed. Should be here Friday..

It was meant pretty tongue in cheek. I am sure I will like it. Clips don't do justice.. I have never had a Bogner I did not like and I have had most of them. I have played the 3534 35 watter I fair bit. It was good, but not really much like a full size xtc iirc. and my SLO 30 kinda blew it away despite it sounding darn good on it's own merit. Sweetwater had one so I grabbed. Should be here Friday..
Can’t wait to hear your review ( maybe clip if possible )
I love Bogner the 101b and I am on the fence on this one
If it does that 101b but a bit tighter I would be very interested
Blake just posted a few clips of the XTC and Damn I forgot how good that amp is

I had the original 3534 and JDub brought his SLO30 over and I promptly sold the Bogner and bought an SLO 30...I’ve owned nearly every Bogner amp ever made as well, looking forward to hearing the new version. I’ve still never gigged the SLO 30 though, it’s a backup to my Wizard.

I splurged for overnight shipping so it should be here tomorrow.

I had the original 3534 and JDub brought his SLO30 over and I promptly sold the Bogner and bought an SLO 30...I’ve owned nearly every Bogner amp ever made as well, looking forward to hearing the new version. I’ve still never gigged the SLO 30 though, it’s a backup to my Wizard.

Interesting. Going thru that SLO-30 thread here recently I was impressed with all the positive comments. Made me really want to try one. Definitely curious to hear how this 50 watt Ecstasy stacks up. What's your favorite Bogner amp you've played?

I've heard this a few times from other people. I owned an SLO 100 like 12 years ago and it didn't really wow me, but I keep hearing great things about the BAD versions and they definitely sound different that I remember my 100 in the clips I've heard. I just don't remotely associate the voicing of both of these amps as being similar, so it seems like a strange comparison to me. I LOVE my 101b, so having a smaller version with some of the details of the 20th Anniversary model would be really cool, but I keep hearing great reviews about these SLOs. Maybe I should try one again...

I've heard this a few times from other people. I owned an SLO 100 like 12 years ago and it didn't really wow me, but I keep hearing great things about the BAD versions and they definitely sound different that I remember my 100 in the clips I've heard. I just don't remotely associate the voicing of both of these amps as being similar, so it seems like a strange comparison to me. I LOVE my 101b, so having a smaller version with some of the details of the 20th Anniversary model would be really cool, but I keep hearing great reviews about these SLOs. Maybe I should try one again...
For sure different amps and not really a comparison or similarity position on my end. The crux is that I need a backup for my Wizard MC25 just in case, and the SLO30 with some volume behind it is as close as I've found to that amp. although its highly unlikely I would ever be able to play it that loud in any of the places we gig at. I never owned an SLO 100 but had JDubs for an extended period, played a few others, I think I like the SLO30 better than any of those. For me it comes down to if for some reason the Wizard goes silent at a gig, would I be bummed playing my backup vs the Wizard? The SLO30 would be great, I didn't really feel that about the 3534. The new 50 watt version might change that. Reality is all the amps mentioned right here are killer, this is a 1st World problem and a great one to have. 99 problems and an amp aint one :ROFLMAO:

That clip sounds awesome to me!. There is something extra special about those earlier Ecstasys
Agreed, it’s interesting though because a lot of Bogner Aficionados don’t like the post 94
I believe Bogner did a mod that upped the gain , I think it sounds killer but the more classic rock guys seems to say the early pre 94 gain mod were a bit less compressed and open

Back