Boutique custom guitars

I cannot recommend Aristides enough. I've had 1 I bought used, 2 ordered and a 4th in the final stages of completion. They are all ridiculously consistent in terms of fit, finish, fretwork, tone and weight. I'll never have to worry about refrets because they're stainless steel. I'll never have to worry about fret end dressing for fret sprout since it's a richlite board. I don't have to worry about the neck making huge movements in the seasons since it's carbon fiber reinforced. Plus the guitar is somewhat semi-hollow so it has absolute bonkers sustain/resonance.

After years of working on, fixing and building guitars for people, the last thing I want to do is work on my own shit. Aristides figured out how to make a close to zero maintenance guitar.

406298070_868240304942290_6819497980035570932_n.jpg

My chubtone is currently my favorite. I also have Aviator and Mayones which are both awesome as well. I'm thinking of trying Radical guitars next since I can get a rhoads shape

If your willing to wait a while, Mcnaught will build you whatever you want. Custom body shape, set neck-thru neck or bolt on, headstock shape, wood choices, finish options, inlays, hardware/electronics. Awesome to deal with, fit and finish are as good as it gets with his builds.

Attachments

• mcNaught headstock.jpeg
    mcNaught headstock.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 11
My Dean USA custom shop guitars are some badass fuckers, brother. But custom orders take time and money. Pointy all the way.
Wanna go super different and pointy? Try the cheapo version of the Killer Pirate model. If you like it, pop for a custom. I had a few,I loved them.
kg-prime-akira-takasaki-signature-2022-loudness-40th-anniversary-limited-thumbnail.jpg

Cool to see all these badass guitars. But i have been playing my jackson all day, and i dont think i can cheat on it. Definitely cant part with it. Momentary insanity.

I was just having issues playing seated last night and was thinking different shape, but when playing frets 17-22, V cant be beat

He will post pics for guitars that are pretty much built but not finished (paint, set up, etc) for reasonable prices. I think I asked him about an explorer before going with Chubtone. He had a v I would love to have gotten for 600.

On a similar note do any of you guys have a recommendation for someone that could take a body and do a build? I've found a couple guys on Instagram that make killer bodies but I am too lame to be able to do it myself. So basically have a body shipped to them and have them paint it, build the neck, install hardware, pups, etc? I would love to have a rhoads with stainless frets. Also would love to have an Ibanez S in gloss black with some high end hardware.

Back