Looking at old reverb ads on google!!

frontline205

So I will look up a piece of gear in Google the search will pop up, and show forum post, and old ads. Anyone notice for a lot of rare gear not only is it no longer able to be found anywhere, but Google will show the old Reverb and the price it sold for right in your face. I looked up the price on a Mesa studio preamp expecting 12-1500 of course because that's what they sell for now, but Google just had to show me the ad reminding me that 3 years ago these preamps sold for 400.00!! I looked up old Dave Mustaine Jackson's first thing pops up is the ad from 8 years ago showing one sold for 3K, and probably less since Reverb doesn't show the final sale price.

You guys ever get caught up looking at old listings, be it for price increases, or just plain old availability?

What got me started on this post was looking for a Fernandes Robin Crosby Double Rhoads copy, and not seeing any anywhere but seeing they used to sell for 500.00 a couple years ago.

So I will look up a piece of gear in Google the search will pop up, and show forum post, and old ads. Anyone notice for a lot of rare gear not only is it no longer able to be found anywhere, but Google will show the old Reverb and the price it sold for right in your face. I looked up the price on a Mesa studio preamp expecting 12-1500 of course because that's what they sell for now, but Google just had to show me the ad reminding me that 3 years ago these preamps sold for 400.00!! I looked up old Dave Mustaine Jackson's first thing pops up is the ad from 8 years ago showing one sold for 3K, and probably less since Reverb doesn't show the final sale price.

You guys ever get caught up looking at old listings, be it for price increases, or just plain old availability?
The price of Houses Cars gas and girlfriends annoy me more

Well I got the house before interest rates went sky high, the car the same, and as for girlfriends. I learn the less I'm willing to pay the more they actually give you for free. You just have to go in not willing to pay.

I keep asking these '59 Les Paul bursts sellers to let me take it home and use it multiple times overnight, but no takers yet. :ROFLMAO:

True and probably cheaper in 1960s when they were used, but I dont have to see old ads reminding me that.
Actually they are cheaper now:

A sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard with HSC in 1959 was $307.50

$307.50 adjusted for inflation is $3208.31

A sunburst Les Paul Standard at Sweetwater today is $3k.

IMG_6397.png

IMG_6396.png

well thats new vs used. I do wonder if used guitars sold cheaper back then then they do now
Nothing is selling right now, even at discounted prices. I agree in general asking/listed prices are high but as a buyer I’ve had most of my offers accepted—sometimes after a week or two tho

Back