Chubtone guitars

Chubtone filled the void left when Charvel was absorbed by Fender and sent most of its manufacturing overseas. Chubtone is the epitome of custom made to order instruments. You’ll never regret buying one. Except you’ll just want more and more and more of them!

My Chubtone stays in tune better than any guitar I have and plays phenomenal, sounds great, and is just awesome. I went back and forth in emails to explain what I wanted and got an awesome guitar.
20210409_180010.jpg

I recently bought the "Reb Beach" inspired model off of here that is walnut with a rosewood/pao ferro neck/board with EMGs and a gold Floyd and hardware setup. I don't care much for the EMGs and the noticeable volume drop once you get away from the bridge humbucker, but the neck plays and feels superb and the body and neck are just beautiful. I'll probably buy another. If you find one used with specs you like, or want to commission one, you can't go wrong.

Anybody that owns or owned one. Hows the craftsmanship and sound quality, playability? Any dislikes ?
405926533_18310970911117657_5241249414964598657_n.jpg
IMG-1209.jpg

Here's mine, both are fantastic. Could not have had a better experience dealing they guys. Look great, feel great, sound great "to me". Craftmanship is top notch! I cannot stand plinky, light feeling guitars with no balance with a 3 - 4k or more price tag...these feel like a guitar should feel IMO and a great deal dollar wise.

Plenty of options to choose from and I'd say not much they couldn't do if you asked. Me personally, I wanted something that reminded me of my 80"s shred guitars thus the white one. And for the other, something that was classic looking yet modded looking. Both came out perfect!

Last edited:
Chubtone filled the void left when Charvel was absorbed by Fender and sent most of its manufacturing overseas. Chubtone is the epitome of custom made to order instruments. You’ll never regret buying one. Except you’ll just want more and more and more of them!
Truth!

Chubtone is Awesome! Quality, value and they get you a custom build in about 6 months. Ding ding we have a winner! I’m over the Charvel drama of $4k plus guitars that you have to wait 2 years for or settle on a used guitar that was someone else’s custom dream. Hmm is that a failed dream because they are selling it? Iteresting haha… Lots of other great builders out there but you will very pleased
Chubtone.jpeg
with Chubtone! I know I am.

Back