Big love for Sloane Amplification here

Bad.Seed

Had the absolutely pleasure to do a playthrough video on the Sloane Antares single channel, SLO inspired amplifier. I know many here love the SLO, but I also know many share a similar opinion to mine, in that it can be hard to tighten the low end and low mid frequencies when trying to get a more modern and aggressive tone going on.
Considering it's made in the USA, quality parts like Heybooer transformers, and runs $1,699, I can only imagine this thing will be a hit once Sloane's name starts to get out there.

My video is linked below. Anyone else have any experience with Sloane?

So they have two 2 channel offerings, both of which claim a Deluxe Reverb based clean channel, with one having a “hot rodded Marshall” gain channel and the other the SLO-derived gain channel. Of course they’re far from the first to claim blackface cleans and Marshall or other high gain in one package, but I’d sure be interested to hear if reality matches up with the marketing.

Played one at a guitar show last year. Fantastic sounding amp. It was his take on a hot rodded Marshall. Not sure which model but he was offering that one at the show for a discounted rate probably to save him the hassle of dragging amps back home.

Im guessing he’s still Ohio based?

I’m friends with Steve . He is a great dude . A pleasure to work with . A friend of mine loved my Sloan head so much that he traded me a Tremoverb half stack and LTD explorer for it , Steve is awesome and so is his amp . Good to this Bad Seed . Sloan needs to be heard

Played one at a guitar show last year. Fantastic sounding amp. It was his take on a hot rodded Marshall. Not sure which model but he was offering that one at the show for a discounted rate probably to save him the hassle of dragging amps back home.

Im guessing he’s still Ohio based?
He’s near Cleveland area

Sounds killer. I was checking them out last week actually from another video I saw. Your video is much better and should help sell quite a few. Def a great sounding amp especially at $1699

Sloane should really do more professional videos, sound bites. Everything on youtube is people trying his amps at an ampfest. Doesn’t sound anything special because of the acoustics, players. Your video actually made the amp sound great as Im sure it is in person .

Sloane should really do more professional videos, sound bites. Everything on youtube is people trying his amps at an ampfest. Doesn’t sound anything special because of the acoustics, players. Your video actually made the amp sound great as Im sure it is in person .
I see this with a lot of builders. Morris is one that comes to mind

Kyle's vid was clear..the amp rips...was impressed with the crunch mode as well.. very plexi esque.. with JCM 800 drive.. the lead was just huge.. the head to head vs the SLO was no contest .. bigger sound .. beefier lows but remained clear.. I have a Splawn QR older model which can get dull at times..this amp has all the features one could need.. crushing upper mids is what I love.. and this had almost dare I say a "Wizard" grind characteristic.. lively sounds..and I am an EMG guy.. thanks Kyle for showing all pups in this vid..wow

Back