Rate this ballad.

Rate this ballad 1 thru 10 / 10 being best.

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 1 7.1%

Votes: 4 28.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
I actually liked that tune when it came out. Still do.
Was the last song on "Beast from the East" i believe.
I played that cassette for months not even knowing that song was on there.
Then i went thru a bad breakup after a hot n heavy fling / romance moving to Florida to get away from her.
It was in Sarasota / Siesta Key that i discovered the song. It seemed to make sense at the time.
That was about 37 yrs ago.

Was the last song on "Beast from the East" i believe.
I played that cassette for months not even knowing that song was on there.
Then i went thru a bad breakup after a hot n heavy fling / romance moving to Florida to get away from her.
It was in Sarasota / Siesta Key that i discovered the song. It seemed to make sense at the time.
That was about 37 yrs ago.
Did you immediately turn the tape off after Turn On The Action all those times ?

I’m not really big on ballads but I do like imagining I’m one the one being sung about in Before the Dawn. There’s no quit in me. 🍆 🎯

Judas Priest’s Before the Dawn? If so I’m glad you didn’t say Grinder or Ram it Down or a dozen others..
I like Rob when he’s sensitive. It’s how we really connected at the RamRod in San Diego all those years ago. Some of his best lyrics that reflect our time together are in Raw Deal.

It not my favourite but I will say some of my favourite lynch solos have appeared in ballads
Slipping Away from ULAK he just burns and sings that to me is one of his best solos IMO for tone and note choice

Back