Jackson USA vs Custom Shop

Hooligan

Is there a significant amount of difference between Jackson USA and Custom Shop? I get how you can personalize but is the craftsmanship that much different? The USA is a great guitar but can you really notice the difference? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Is there a significant amount of difference between Jackson USA and Custom Shop? I get how you can personalize but is the craftsmanship that much different? The USA is a great guitar but can you really notice the difference? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Would like to know too... i recently submitted an SL2H QTM in trans chlorine for a quotation....

Cant wait to get rolling....

Curious about the same thing..I had the WR1 that was flawless, but been wondering if the extra upcharge (and super long wait) for Custom Shop is worth it.

Folks that I have chatted with share that the custom shop experience is about you customizing the guitar to your specs and color but not a lot it put into being particular about the woods pieces that are selected, you also have someone who is working to be a Master at some point. The Masterbuilt Custom Shop is where you have someone who is particular about wood selection and minor details. Also their experience in building a guitar. The custom shop luithers are working to be Master at some point, we all have to start off somewhere, right?, so you may end up with a guitar built by a future Masterbuilt Luther who just hasn’t reached that level yet. Sounds like the only difference between a USA and Custom Shop is spec-ing it out to your liking but I would like to hear from all the experienced folks here. I wonder if you can hear the difference and/or feel the difference? Cheers!

Folks that I have chatted with share that the custom shop experience is about you customizing the guitar to your specs and color but not a lot it put into being particular about the woods pieces that are selected, you also have someone who is working to be a Master at some point. The Masterbuilt Custom Shop is where you have someone who is particular about wood selection and minor details. Also their experience in building a guitar. The custom shop luithers are working to be Master at some point, we all have to start off somewhere, right?, so you may end up with a guitar built by a future Masterbuilt Luther who just hasn’t reached that level yet. Sounds like the only difference between a USA and Custom Shop is spec-ing it out to your liking but I would like to hear from all the experienced folks here. I wonder if you can hear the difference and/or feel the difference? Cheers!

More like to be in the line as you described....

I've read several stories of people getting fucked up CS Jacksons over the past 3-4 years

I'd personally just go for one that was already built

My masterbuild is the best guitar I’ve ever played, but unfortunately with how Jackson is running now you can’t get them… which is really lame. That being said the custom selects are fantastic guitars, but they limit you on options.

I’m having a guitar built by Marc chicoine currently, and he is building everything I want and checking every detail. I’m hoping his build compares to a masterbuild because I’m really not digging how Jackson is running currently. If so, I’ll be taking my business to him.

Received in 2019- ordered in mid-2017. It's flawless.....but I think they take much longer these days. My next custom build will be a Chubtone.

Back