Diezel Herbert MK3 WOW!

MrWoodchuck

Just got a new Diezel Herbert MK3 yesterday, I think it's my new favorite amp. I love the VH4, but there is something special going on with the Herbert.

Attachments

• IMG_20240127_171714.jpg
    IMG_20240127_171714.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 30
Is the VH4 more versatile ? more rock ,less metal amp ?
It seems very versatile with channel 2 and the ability to roll back the volume. I would say the VH4 is more versatile with 4 channels and the Channel 2 which is in the JCM800 world. The Herbert because of the 180 watts sounds a bit wider and is probably better for metal, though the VH4 is also great at metal. Both great amps.

Love the chugs! What do you think of it compared to the Bogners?
In the last month I have been really loving my Bogner Ecstasy 101b. I am finding the Herbert also has some similarities in terms of width and low mids. My current thoughts today is I am liking the Herbert the best, but the Uber Ultra and Ecstasy are similarly fantastic. My favorite seems to be changing monthly. Diezels have a great response and feel on the fingers.

Last edited:
In the last month I have been really loving my Bogner Ecstasy 101b. I am finding the Herbert also has some similarities in terms of width and low mids. My current thoughts today is I am liking the Herbert the best, but the Uber Ultra and Ecstasy are similarly fantastic. My favorite seems to be changing monthly. Diezels have some a great response and feel on the fingers.
Hahaha, pretty much sums up why we guitarists have so much GAS. Our tastes seem to evolve regularly 😆

Last edited:
Enjoy the amp, ive been watching your vids for a couple of months, good job!

The Herbert is fantastic, i just got my mark V to pair it with

Congrats dude! The mk3 is a beast of an amp and it got me back on the Diezel train. I find there is a little more VH4 DNA in the mk3 circuitry, as it is a little tighter and immediate than the older Herbies, but still has a great feel! And not much can compare to a Herbies ability to flat out project low end cohesively at volume.

Enjoy the amp, ive been watching your vids for a couple of months, good job!

The Herbert is fantastic, i just got my mark V to pair it with
Very cool! I actually like a Mark/Herbert combo (briefly did a mk1 Herbie + Mesa mkiv).

I am sure you will try all sorts of settings, but I used to really dig engaging the Herbert mid-scoop (set ~400hz) with bumping up the 750hz slider a bit on the Mesa. Sounds honky on its own with a Mark, but really cuts through and sounds massive when biamped with a Herbie! I found with the traditional scooped Mark eq settings, the Herbert would bury it.

im digiing the mark V

Im in a loge hate relation with the Herbert
Maybe i should retube the preamp section
When playing fast, paul gilbertlicks it cant keep up
Iys aleays to thick and boomy

I did renew the mullerd in the V1 and it improved the amp

A tip ive been doing the oast 2 years at home
I turned tue dee and presence to 0
Eq the channels again to taste

Ill look for the vid of you mark 4 and herbert combo later on today

im digiing the mark V

Im in a loge hate relation with the Herbert
Maybe i should retube the preamp section
When playing fast, paul gilbertlicks it cant keep up
Iys aleays to thick and boomy

I did renew the mullerd in the V1 and it improved the amp

A tip ive been doing the oast 2 years at home
I turned tue dee and presence to 0
Eq the channels again to taste

Ill look for the vid of you mark 4 and herbert combo later on today
I am a big preamp rolling tubes experimenter. I just threw a JJ ECC83MG in the PI v6 of the Herbert and it feels like it tightened up the bass a lot for me. It it still thick but it lessened the boom just a hair.

Last edited:
Back