Where are all of the Cameron moded Marshalls?

8ecjba.jpg

One mc thread in classifieds about no mc amps for sale & they mysteriously appear. well done.

I've owned two Camerons and one Cameron clone built by Dave Friedman. They sound very cool, like a Mesa and a Marshall mixed together, and the under-the-fingers feel is very addictive: all of your little guitar "tricks" just work out and sound awesome. It's true that you get five years better at playing guitar when you plug in. However, in my opinion, they're overrated. After the honeymoon period wears off, you'll see that they are super compressed and only really do one or two things well, but they are fun.

That said, Mark is a total piece of shit who ripped a lot of people off, exploited the honesty of strangers, and betrayed the trust of the community. Not only that, but he re-appears every couple of years, makes one or two amps, then goes on a bender or whatever he does and falls apart again. I feel compassion for the guy -- addiction is no joke -- but he has had so many chances for redemption (most notably when they were going to launch the Cameron amp line with Brad King) and has blown them all, over and over again, for over a decade. So IMO, as a community, we should be very careful about posts like this that keep the Cameron hype alive. I know it's not very "rock and roll," and most of our guitar idols have been addicts (sometimes for decades) and we still love them, but Mark is a fraud and should not be idolized, and we, as a community, can affect this.

/endrant
A skunk never loses his stink

Sorry to hijack; On my FM3 that Atomica amp sim seems way low volume. I need to run the master way up compared to the other amps. Anybody else notice that?

Sorry to hijack; On my FM3 that Atomica amp sim seems way low volume. I need to run the master way up compared to the other amps. Anybody else notice that?
You need to turn up the master. It's designed intentionally this way.

"The Atomica can tolerate high MV because it is a 'Jose-style MV.' The Jose-style MV imparts a very high source resistance to the tone stack which causes much more insertion loss and therefore lower drive level into the power amp."

Source: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/...odels_list#ATOMICA_HIGH_.28Cameron_Atomica.29

It’s the feel you’ll be missing though
Maybe so. Never played a real Cameron. I can tell you the patch is pretty easy under the fingers. The Splawn quick rod models are pretty dead nuts on though. Sound and that unforgiving feel the real amps have. That’s usually what I use.

It’s the feel you’ll be missing though

I read about the feel of Cameron’s for years and years and didn’t understand till I got mine, same with the iic+. To me it’s like having two equally hot chicks but one of them has that touch and just fucks better, even if the tones are the same the feel just makes it all the more fun. I play better and thrash harder when my palm mutes have that sweet bounce to them.

Back