New Kerry King music.

It's not bad, huge Slayer fan......it does sound a bit uninspired, and I try to support classic guys as a rule as long as they're representing, lets see what the rest of the album sounds like.
dance-russian-dance.gif

That's how I've felt about their (slayer's) stuff for a long time now. Just a bit too bland for my taste, but nothing really to gripe about either.
Just goes to show how important Jeff was in their classic 80's and early 90's album writing.
Most of my true favorites from the days were written by Jeff, especially when you get up to RIB, SOH and SITA.

I say why not though. Going forward just to keep touring and making some loot is a good thing for KK and the gang.
They still stomp all over Metallica!

At least he didn’t call it Kerry King’s Slayer. He could have done a really weirdly appropriate tour with KK’s Priest though.

The “how to trash your ex band mates in the press while promoting your new album spoken word tour”. Both KKs are experts in that:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/kerry-king-dave-lombardo-is-dead-to-me

https://blabbermouth.net/news/kerry...layer-show-not-even-a-text-not-even-an-e-mail
Kerry seems like a very reasonable guy for someone who would tribal tattoo his entire head.
If Tom hit me up, I'd probably respond. It probably depends on what he hit me up for, but I don't wish him dead at this moment."

Or how about he be an actual artist and see what a completely different band inspires him to do. If he’s creative you think he would want to use it as an opportunity to try something new. But still, whether he does his OG style or emulates Tom or does a great Paul Lind. If it sounds good, it sounds good. Not feeling him on this but I certainly don’t hate what he does.
and if he did. people would complain. Kerry is the captain of the ship & everyone knows the dude is a control freak so what did everyone think would come out? something like the Nsync mixed with venom? i can hear it now Bye bye bye Schizoid. Kerry was Slayer as much as Jeff was Slayer. If it sounded anything NOT like slayer people would complain. Can you imagine Michael Jackson leaving the Jackson 5 and starting a Metal band? or a Hip Hop Group? Kerry took the road of least resistance for himself.

Kerry being kerry good or bad that dude says what he feels. The only problem i had with Jeff was when he made the statement about his spider bite where he acknowledged watching it bite him....which ultimately destroyed his ability to play & was the Catalyst for his excessive drinking which lead to his Death. why would anyone watch it happen? I also remeber his widow wanted that explanation/Statement removed from the media immediately.

I was surprised to see that the bass player is the dude who owns a fairly new music venue in nearby Gainesville (GA not FL). It’s called Blackstrap (ok maybe that’s a little gay) Music Hall and it’s a rare place that’s really dedicated to giving local and regional bands somewhere to play, and maybe even someone in the audience to hear it.
He's also the brother of Troy Sanders, bass player/singer from Mastodon.

I like that Kerry just says how it is with no “entertainment’ sugar coating. He basically talks to the press as if he was talking to someone he knows. Granted it’s all from his perspective but that’s all we ever have for ourselves too, even though we empathize with what another may be feeling or interpreting things. He only sounds harsh to some because they’re so used to neutral, “thou shall burn no bridges” celebrity speak.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate BUT.... Have never liked KK's tone or playing. I get it for what it was, when it was, but now? Hard pass all day long.
No I agree on the tone part. he's not got great tone. it would be More Gooder with more bottom end & slightly less mids. but kerry LOVES Mids. i remember being at a soundcheck of theirs back in the 90's (when machine head opened) at the West Palm Beach Auditorium with my friend Detroit1973.....which we now call the Jehova Dome.....His tone back then wasn't bad just a little thin. Robb Flynn's tone at that soundcheck was massive & he was touring with a borrowed JCM 800 Boosted with a SD-1.

I liked it - could have been a little better. I think a breakdown in the middle or dynamics would have helped it a bit.

Totally rips. Listened to it like 10x the day it dropped. Mark does an excellent job on vocals. This song was written during repentless sessions, so it’s a Slayer song. Mark had the demo of how to sing it and did it that way.

Death Angel is not done. They are recording a new album this year.

I will wait until second single comes out before dropping coin, but if it rocks this hard damn tootin I’m ordering on vinyl.

showing your level of intelligence I see .. such a fag
read that back to yourself. :ROFLMAO:
Honestly I think those memes up there just really suck. They're just not very funny or creative at all. Glad they had fun making them though.
well i'm a simpleton and easily amused. I also was raised by The Simpsons. that shit had me in stitches. especially the krusty and his dad one.

Back