New Kerry King music.

OK, well then this one will be flipped for you. The first part is basically a RIB type feel, and then at 1:50 they go crushing power-riff style with some nice melodic solo work (usually that's Jeff tbh).

No, not at all. But thanks anyway!

Grew up learning “some” Slayer when I started playing 30 years ago. RiB, SoH are certified bangers. Seasons is great and Divine Intervention is quite solid and possibly slightly overlooked. I was kinda over them after that. But they still have their place in metal history. Jeff and Kerry are both incredible riffers. Their lead stuff was always whatever, but I never listened to Slayer for lead breaks. (Whoever posted Silent Scream above…YUP. One of my favorites).

This new song is “fine”. On the whole I feel the band is definitely capable of more. But after writing songs for 4 decades, every riff idea is not gonna be a banger. Not sure how many of you guys write, record, and release stuff, but they aren’t always gems once they hit the listeners ears.

Good for Kerry for still going, but hopefully the remainder of the albums pushes some boundaries.

Back