Interesting way to set up a SLO 100

espquade

I have never tried these settings on My SLO's over the years and it never even occurred to me as these are pretty extreme settings so I probably wouldn't have the presence and treble dimed but he did get rid of all the low end flub for sure. I may have to try a slightly different version of his settings as this although a bit more sizzly then I prefer does sound pretty aggressive.

giphy.gif

That was a sizzly, fizzy mess to me. Maybe with a greenback and just using a Ribbon Mic you could get something out of it. But he also had no decent low end grunt going on either.
I would probably not go more than 2 to 3 o'clock on the treble and presence and keep the bass and depth at around 7:00 and see how that works , but his settings did give me some perspective for sure.

I’m no SLO fan but I like this, the v30s and that senheiser add some sizzle I find the slo lacking

Not the speakers fault, it's the extreme settings. It's a fizz-fest.
If you're to crank anything, crank the Mids. Add Treble and Presence to get the bite.
I don't understand using the Depth control at all. All it does is eat away the other frequencies. Turn it off and dial in whatever low end you need w/ the Bass control. It's NEVER going to sound like a Marshall.

Something I notice with my MKii, I like it much better with the loop on and at max level. This is with nothing in the loop.

Makes it have more clarity.

If that is the desired tone, and he is happy.... great. That was WAY too fizzy for my tastes. I like thick juicy tones with some meat on the bone.

This is still my favorite SLO tone. When he rolls the volume up at the 1:00 mark... that is just tasty tone.

Back