1986 ESP M-1 back from the luthier

EddyLenz

Hey Guys,

P1040089-2.jpg

Finally got this beautiful guitar back in my hands and it feels amazing!
I had it refretted with 6100 frets and had a neck pickup and a Floyd Rose added by Hans Guitars in Germany.

The neck feels awesome with the new frets and I love the HS look with the Duncan Hot Rail.
I decided on getting 2 500kA push-push volume controls, one for switching PUs George Lynch style and one for splitting the Hot Rail.
The Hot Rail sounds surprisingly good when split, which I didn't expect from this 80s pickup.

The Floyd Rose is set up so that the tremblock rests on the trem cutout for dives only. I might get a D-Tuna at some point...
I compared a Duncan JB that I had laying around with the original ESP bridge PU, which only has about 8,6k, and I was surprised that I liked the ESP one more.
I'll probably experiment with some other pickups soon though because I prefer a little more output.
I also plan on swapping to a chrome FR at some point, but I had the black one sitting around, which is why the studs and nut are chrome...

Here's how it sounds

I thought the number on M series referred to number of pickups (m1= 1 pickup, m2= 2 pickups)
I don't think so. There are quite a few M1 out there with stock neck/middle pickups. On this one, I had the neck pickup added though.

That's an amazing color. I have owned a bunch of Kramers from the ESP era, but I felt ESP payed more attention to the stuff they made for themselves.

Killer. Those are great.
I have an old M style neckthru single hum like that, with reverse "Jackson" headstock
Nice! What color is it?
While I was looking to buy this 86 M1, I also saw an 87 M1 Custom in turquoise that I almost bought instead haha.

Nice! What color is it?
While I was looking to buy this 86 M1, I also saw an 87 M1 Custom in turquoise that I almost bought instead haha.
Mine is a dark red color - a bit different than what was prevalent on the Jacksons & ESP's of the day.. I'll try to get a pic when I'm home or at lunch time

Back