Neodymium speakers???

mchn13

Anyone use them for metal? I have an OLD engl cab that I blocked off two diagonal holes and use it as a large 2x12. I actually like it better this way. Its a great sounding cab but heavy as hell. Would like to get 2 neo speakers to put in the cab and leave it a diagonal 2x12. Anything close to a v30 in neo?? It would be great to use this cab and save a few miles on my old back.
I had a v30 and a swamp thang in it. The v30 is toast and i still have the swamp thang.

The neo Creamback is my 2nd favorite speaker behind the Greenback reissue. And the fact that it’s light has no bearing on that. It’s a superb speaker that fixes my issues with the M65 and H75. Doesn’t sound like a V30 though. I would guess the neo V-Type will get you in the ballpark.

The neo Creamback is my 2nd favorite speaker behind the Greenback reissue. And the fact that it’s light has no bearing on that. It’s a superb speaker that fixes my issues with the M65 and H75. Doesn’t sound like a V30 though. I would guess the neo V-Type will get you in the ballpark.
Interesting. I will look up the creamback to get an idea of what it is. I dont mind a greenback variant at all. Just need to be able to get tight and sound good at volume.

I have an original series dv mark neo 4x12. Weighs 47lb, sounds great, handles mega power. The B&C speakers do not colour the sound much...you hear the amp.

What is not to like?

Might want to check out the Jensen Tornado Stealth, there’s a 65 and a 100 watt version. I used to have the 100, interesting, good unique tone. Definitely doesn’t sound like a V30 though.

Might want to check out the Jensen Tornado Stealth, there’s a 65 and a 100 watt version. I used to have the 100, interesting, good unique tone. Definitely doesn’t sound like a V30 though.
Will look at those as well. V30’s are just what im used to for metal. Ive used k100’s, and p50’s, and a few others over the years with no problem either. I still have a swamp thang but i want to use it for my test cab at home now.

Back