Amps that sound unique

Dr Z CAZ-45
Also, nothing has a midrange like my Landry.
I'll add another Dr. Z amp- the Max 18 Jr.

It's not a high gain or a chug amp, but hit it with a boost and it's a KILLER rock amp. Fender meets Vox meets Marshall with crazy clarity and responsiveness.

VH140c and Hermansson out of mine
One of my friends picked up a 140 for a not so cheap price. Man that thing is absolutely brutal. You must be a proud papa hanging onto that thing and singing its praises over the many years you’ve had it.

On that note, Marshall valvestates have been gradually creeping up on price the past couple years.

One of my friends picked up a 140 for a not so cheap price. Man that thing is absolutely brutal. You must be a proud papa hanging onto that thing and singing its praises over the many years you’ve had it.

On that note, Marshall valvestates have been gradually creeping up on price the past couple years.

back in the late 90's/early 00's the main spot here for hardcore and death metal shows was this shit hole bar with a room off the side, nothing was ever mic'd so it was a great way to evaluate gear.. plenty of sick rigs rolled through there but the ampegs always stood out to me. ive still not found an amp to dethrone it for the ultra brutal stuff i still tend to play the most. i would like to grab a valvestate too, i saw even more of them kicking ass back in the day, just never came across one for whatever reason.

Hughes and Kettner Black Spirit 200. No other amp sounds like this one (except for maybe the Grandmeister series. By the way I have for sale if interested).

I just scored one myself and it’s a beast. It’s got such killer saturation and liquid feel. It’s not the best sounding amp in my house, but it’s super fun to play, and absolutely vicious. Nothing else sounds like it.

bugera-amp2.jpg

:D

Vox AC-50 and AC-100; I'm having Ceriatone build a custom AC-100 based on the Vox AC-100 MkII schematic (OS/167)

I should have also added: Trainwrecks

Nothing sounds or responds like them. They're really "spitty" amps that sound like they're going to explode at any moment. The feedback and touch sensitivity are unlike any other amps I've ever played.

Back