Wasted Years -Isolated Guitars

Front row Maiden in ‘84 :rawk:

IMG_0231.jpeg
IMG_0229.jpeg

What are the odds that Steve buried those guitars in the mix against the direction of Martin Birch's golden ears?
That is a fucking travesty.
To me this album signaled the beginning of the end of greatness for IM.
Also the artwork and that version of Eddie are a direct theft of Deathlok the demolisher (Marvel) created by the late great Rich Buckler who I was lucky enough to know.

What are the odds that Steve buried those guitars in the mix against the direction of Martin Birch's golden ears?
That is a fucking travesty.
To me this album signaled the beginning of the end of greatness for IM.
Also the artwork and that version of Eddie are a direct theft of Deathlok the demolisher (Marvel) created by the late great Rich Buckler who I was lucky enough to know.
Agreed. “SiT” was a huge disappointment for me, after the epicness of “Powerslave”.
It didn’t suck. It just wasn’t good.

Took me back to high school when I got the album, remember getting it when it first came out......so many folks taped it! - We had a cool lp swapping thing, whenever anyone got anything new we would take it to school and get something else in return for a week or so.
Loved hearing the raw guitars.....must have a go again x

Maiden is an amazing band. The guitars are always worth learning, BOTH PARTS.
I love this one, Adrian killed it on this (he wrote this one) and some of that nuanced chording is really important to the feel of the tune.

Saw them recently at PowerTrip. Unfortunately they didn't play the classics as much as I would have thought they would.
Bruce was killin' it nonetheless and the guitars always sound huge.

Back