Reverb question

shar-vell Dan

Just bought a "90s" era SD TB-12. Got email conformation from reverb. Paid with paypal.
When i click on the sellers ad in the email sez "page not availible.
Reverb said i get an email in 3 days once shipped.
Is this normal ? There is no record of transaction on my reverb page. But my PP account shows payment to Reverb.com.
Weird way to do business.

• Wow
Reactions: Geo
always check the sellers page before placing an order; I wouldn't order from a seller without history, reviews, etc.

they can send you an empty box and get paid on delivery confirmation.

recently I've actually been paid before the item arrives at the buyer, and the payment funds are already in my account.

What is standalone PayPal?​

Sellers who use standalone PayPal process their payments from buyers directly to their PayPal account. For buyers, the experience is as easy and seamless as using Reverb Payments, except that (1) the purchases are not protected by Reverb Buyer Protection, but buyers may seek protection through PayPal Protection and (2) sellers receive their earnings via PayPal.

How do I know if my seller uses PayPal to process payments?​

Before you purchase gear from a Reverb seller, scroll down below the item and select Payments & Returns. If PayPal is the only payment method accepted by the seller, that means the seller uses PayPal to process payments.

So i had the PP option and it is on my PP account and i do have buyer protection w/ PP.
At the time of purchase in the link it was asking me to log into Reverb which ive never seen before.
Not saying it was nafarious but im wary of anything in a link asking me to "log in".
Reverb support is totally useless. Ive been on there 3 times and they ask you 100 questions none of which pertain to me.
I did message the seller around 7a. No reply so far.
If nothing else PP has my back. I have a good relationship with them 16 years.
I much prefer ebay.

yes, reverb support is useless.

I have a few more items to sell this year...hopefully, reverb support will not be required

I called PP and asked for a refund as the whole transaction is just odd to me.
She assured me if Reverb or the seller won't send me the item i bought or sends me something other than described they will give me a refund.
I never understood why folks would buy thousands of dollars of gear with no buyer protection.
I will say its getting weirder by the day to buy shit on Reverb.

I’ve had nothing but good support from Reverb while eBay treats me like they would Shanghai me for a buck if they could get away with it. Reverb purchase, had a speaker stolen off my porch, Reverb refunded me and let the seller keep the purchase money as well, and I’ve received a couple messed up not as described items and they handled ithose well. Meanwhile with eBay it’s virtually impossible to get any live flesh n blood support person to help you, I accepted a return from some scammin ass little bitch, never received a tracking number, never got my item back, made a complaint before the 3 month period was up, eBay just ghosts, couldn’t get a hold of anyone, never got my money back, eBay essentially stole from me.

always check the sellers page before placing an order; I wouldn't order from a seller without history, reviews, etc.

they can send you an empty box and get paid on delivery confirmation.

recently I've actually been paid before the item arrives at the buyer, and the payment funds are already in my account.
From my experience so far, Reverb only held funds until delivery for the very first time I sold. Each time after that, they cleared funds once tracking showed the package was on the move.

Reactions: rsm
From my experience so far, Reverb only held funds until delivery for the very first time I sold. Each time after that, they cleared funds once tracking showed the package was on the move.
ok, I was surprised they released the funds to me before delivery.

Back