Cornford MK50

lol $6500ish for the new Victory Overdrive? No thanks. I'll buy a Cornford and have piles of cash leftover instead, thank you very much.

I’ve had a mk 1 and a mk 2. Wish I’d kept one. They’re unique. I found them to be a more punchy and open SLO type amp. like an slo with more of a jcm800 attitude. The mk 2 had a lot of very useful features for gigging. It was like having the clean/crunch switch of an slo on a footswitch but with dedicated gain controls for the clean and crunch, and with 2 masters you could switch between, having a switchable boost on clean, crunch and dirty. Then the OD channel was just awesome. It was very clear and tight. Nowhere to hide, though. They’re also built like a piece of indestructible art.

View attachment 292790

Wonderful amps.
What he said!

?
most of the full featured amps are 2300
Ooooh ok, I thought it was a range price, all in pounds. The last number of $5199 is in dollars, so not $6500. However, that is the price listed on Victory's webpage.

I don't think you can handle one Matt !!
Au contraire, mon frere....I could handle one! I'd just have to squash the fuck out of it with my attenuator until I can buy a house with a bomb shelter underground so I could really let it breathe lol

Au contraire, mon frere....I could handle one! I'd just have to squash the fuck out of it with my attenuator until I can buy a house with a bomb shelter underground so I could really let it breathe lol
I was just kidding ! They are just like any other master volume amp.

My buddy had a Victory Kraken and another model I can’t recall, but his Cornford MK50 laid waste to both of them.
I took a Sheriff in trade years ago that I couldn’t get rid of fast enough. Traded it to a guy who put it up for sale within a week. Maybe it was a lemon but that will prob be my last Victory amp. Love to try a Cornford tho

I took a Sheriff in trade years ago that I couldn’t get rid of fast enough. Traded it to a guy who put it up for sale within a week. Maybe it was a lemon but that will prob be my last Victory amp. Love to try a Cornford tho
Same with my buddy, the Kraken sounded like there was something wrong with it so he sent it back.
The MK50 is a killer, definitely try one if you can.

Back