It's been a week of heavy use - The Bogner 3534 50 watt IS LEGIT!

Hey if no one ever sold anything good, none of us would be able to buy anything good
You're such a good Amp Ho!!!
Guilty, myself. And supremely thankful for the folks that still buy and sell just to check gear out. I'll be happy when the prices settle back down, and more folks get back to flipping. We need all the help we can get, with inflated prices, stupendous shipping prices and new IRS laws...

I've played more in the last week since I got this amp then I have in the last 2 months! It delivers in all aspects and you're right about the loop you can get beautiful feedback out of it at very low volume using the loop volume.

I've played more in the last week since I got this amp then I have in the last 2 months! It delivers in all aspects and you're right about the loop you can get beautiful feedback out of it at very low volume using the loop volume.
Yeah, me too. I just thought 3 channels was overkill, but it sounds so good I got cold feet.

stack another dope sounding amp on the pile,this things sound fooking tits
seems like Rienhold is on a mad winning streak of late

Someone please post some vids of this amp! There's only 3 vids on youtube. This amp needs more exposure!

I can honestly say, owning every iteration of the EVH 50 watt, its everything I wished the EVH was. WAY less compressed, a more raw and dynamic blue channel, and the red channel has maybe 25% more gain than blue, and never gets out of control. Red is equally less compressed. It's punchier, and leans more British, less modern.

The Thrasher 50 is a great sounding amp. They've just gotten ridiculously priced, and you do need an EQ in the loop to get the bottom end up to snuff. If you find one cheap, they're great sounding. However, though it says it'll take EL34's, it has one flaw.. They don't bias up unless you get a seriously hot pair. I had to get JJ KT77's with close to a 60 rating to get them to 36mV. 6L6's, no problem. And I've owned more than one, and they were all that way. Definitely a design flaw in the bias circuit.
jesus! just looked up the thrasher. randall, dean, and bc rich are all sharing the community crack pipe these days...

This amp rocks. Yeah, yeah, I've been down this road, and I'm sure the peanut gallery will have their remarks, but I've had the place to myself since last week, and have played this amp for hours. Loud, and 2-4 hours almost daily since getting it last Saturday.

This amp, boosted, is super tight. And the tones.. Good lord.. As great as the blue channel is, (Very British, all the kerrang of a Marshall, but a boost in the low mids), the red channel is equally satisfying. I've heard and read that the red channel on the 35 is out of control - not so here. And the boost function is more of a clean boost, yet adds adds more low mid punch. VERY usable. I run the gains a bit lower, boost engaged and with all the boosts I own, my new 20th Anniversary Wylde Audio/MXR OD eats it up. It gets downright nasty, focused, and tight on both blue and red. The Hexdrive works well too, as does the SD-1, but the Wylde OD checks all the boxes.

The Loop Master is excellent. You can literally play at mouse fart levels, but I can attest that it's also loud AF. ZERO loop noise, and the Loop Master has a great taper.

The Excursion swtches and 3-way voicing switches really allow you to carve out your tone. Yes, it'll chug, and get as heavy as you want.

I just put JJ KT77's in it, and it's even more chunky. It's an amazing amp, I can't recommend it enough. I see zero negatives, and no regrets on this one.
Thanks for the great review.

I have always wanted a Bogner Ecstacy and this is the only one I could really sort of afford. I was also looking at Orange and Friedman amps.

Bogner says they got the XTC 50 watt to have the muscle and feel of their 100 watt heads. Is that true?

I do also like to play some metal, and hoping it takes boosts well. I know the 50 watt is more like the 101b, which is not an ultra metal machine but a good boost or OD which I love to use should allow shaping.

My only other Bogner is a Shiva 20th Anniversary.

I have watched a lit of reviews of the Ecstacy 50 on YouTube, some really good ones. Most say this amp is more open and woody, like the 101b. The 20th Anniversary XTC and the 35 watt are more modern and compressed.

I have other amps for metal like my modified Dual Rec, Revv and even my Shiva with a boost gives me metal. But, I not a super tight metal guy. If I do metal it's more chunky and fat.

Last edited:
Thanka for the great review.

I have always wanted a Bogner Ecstacy and this is the only one I could really sort of afford. I was also looking at Orange and Friedman amps.

Bogner says they got the XTC 50 watt to have the muscle and feel of their 100 watt heads. Is that true?

I do also like to play some metal, and hoping it takes boosts well. I know the 50 watt is more like the 101b, which is not an ultra metal machine but a good boost or OD which I love to use should allow shaping.

My only other Bogner is a Shiva 20th Anniversary.
It'll chug all day long on both blue and red. It's not an overly saturated amp, it has the perfect amount of gain on both channels. A boost will take it to another level.

It'll chug all day long on both blue and red. It's not an overly saturated amp, it has the perfect amount of gain on both channels. A boost will take it to another level.
Awesome. I'm fine adding saturation or push with a pedal. Thank you.

Do you have a lot of 100 watt heads? They tend to have more muscle and grunt. Bogner claims they got the 50 to have the muscle and feel of a 100.
Do you find this to be somewhat true?

Napalmdeath,

Have you ever tried a Shiva 20th Anniversary? That's the one Bogner I own.

I tend to prefer 100 watt heads and my feels similar to a 100 watt head, even though it'd a two KT88 (90w) head.

I'm curious if the Ecstacy 50 had that muscle of a larger 100 watt head? Bogner says it does but I haven't played one yet.

Thank you!

Napalmdeath,

Have you ever tried a Shiva 20th Anniversary? That's the one Bogner I own.

I tend to prefer 100 watt heads and my feels similar to a 100 watt head, even though it'd a two KT88 (90w) head.

I'm curious if the Ecstacy 50 had that muscle of a larger 100 watt head? Bogner says it does but I haven't played one yet.

Thank you!
The 50 won't disappoint. Has plenty of grunt. You won't yearn for a 100 watt, and the 50 is its own animal.

Back