A battle of the Larrys

Are those 4 stage CF? The notes almost squish like a PF but it’s not overly gainy/ saturated. Maybe filtering?

Ever seen this video?

at the 4min. mark he switches to the 'SCREAM' channel. Tight AF with awesome grind.

If that's still a so-so tone to you, I dunno what to say, man. Diff'rent strokes... :dunno:

I listened to the OP's video; slightly prefer the 802. The 822 seemed opener, but less gainy/pushy.

It sounds amazing! Eddy makes everything sound killer tho.

I don’t have to listen to know. I did however because I like to listen to the RTer’s play and it sounds great @RedPlated. There is something about The Larry that I cannot reproduce on any amp that I own. I do not have a Hermansson so I cannot speak to that amp-but one day. Maybe some folks can recreate the Larry boutique amp sound with infinite tweaking of this or that pedal etc… and maybe one day the secret flavor will be revealed. Who knows maybe Larry is a Sith Lord and knows the secrets of the Dark Side. I don’t care. This ampIifier needs nothing; it’s so easy to dial in and if mine died or was stolen I would cry then I would go get another. It’s the “Dumble” of high gain which can do way more than high gain- mine gets any sound from 1950s-2020s.
“Oh, Billy Baroo”
Once I get my Larry in August I then then take over lol

Are those 4 stage CF? The notes almost squish like a PF but it’s not overly gainy/ saturated. Maybe filtering?
Until 1996 I built the British channel w/ 4 gain stages & CF and the Scream channel w/ 5 gain stages & CF

But after a series of studio comparison tests with 2 amplifiers and different circuits during 1995/1996 I figured out, that I can achieve just as much gain with the Scream channel with only 4 gain stages & CF as with 5 gain stages & CF, but with noticeably better bounce, higher dynamics, less background hiss and better detail resolution even for complicated chords...

... so what happened? 😉 :cool:

Just to correct... I used to own it. That amp now belongs to someone else, who graciously loaned it to Jeremy to do the video.
The other Marshall Dino I used to have is also gone. Also to California.
Hopefully sooner than later, I'll also have the British Purist up for sale or trade, and then the Wrecky 30 and the 962 after.

If that happens, I will donate US$5,000 to the church as a thank you to God 🙏

I've been dreaming of a Larryless SBlue for a very long time 😇

Yes, I know, you've written the same thing to me in the past:

180913-TC.png

This thread fails. I don't know anything more than these Amps than the mention starts a shit show like Dumble..
Larry should hook up with BAD a distribute a production model or die in message board lore.

This thread fails. I don't know anything more than these Amps than the mention starts a shit show like Dumble..
Larry should hook up with BAD a distribute a production model or die in message board lore.

I respect your opinion. After all, it is YOUR opinion :cool:

Yes, I know, you've written the same thing to me in the past:

View attachment 295958
That doesn't make you not even a bit less of a douche bag.
Worst customer service ever.
Worst purchase I've ever made. Never regretted sending any builder my money like I regret having sent it to you.
Also, don't forget to mention that txt was before you ripped me off with the British Purist, and before I've got my first Hermansson.
Today, my all my Cameron and Hermansson amps, I could give a fuck about your amps.
And the more of an idiot you act, the more I dislike them.
Respect and admiration is something you'll never have from me again. No matter how stupid and childish you act.

Jeremy is a stand up guy who did a great job demoing these two amps. They sound great. That said, I don't think I can tolerate another Larry thread :bash:

I absolutely agree with you on all points!
Both in terms of Jeremy (y) and in terms of the fact that another Larry thread really wasn't necessary 🤷‍♂️

That doesn't make you not even a bit less of a douche bag.
Worst customer service ever.
Worst purchase I've ever made. Never regretted sending any builder my money like I regret having sent it to you.
Also, don't forget to mention that txt was before you ripped me off with the British Purist, and before I've got my first Hermansson.
Today, my all my Cameron and Hermansson amps, I could give a fuck about your amps.
And the more of an idiot you act, the more I dislike them.
Respect and admiration is something you'll never have from me again. No matter how stupid and childish you act.

Sigmund Freud called such a reaction 'projection'

Characteristics that you can't or don't want to tolerate in yourself are projected onto other people - and you feel better, without any medication :giggle:

Sigmund Freud called such a reaction 'projection'

Characteristics that you can't or don't want to tolerate in yourself are projected onto other people - and you feel better, without any medication :giggle:
Your childish "psychology for dummies" don't impress me at all.
Zero respect, zero admiration.

My dear defiant and envious boy,
your memory seems to be very bad,
and that even though you are still a few years younger than me 🤔

I told you before that I have 5 full-fledged jobs:

1 - car master
2 - Mechanical engineer
3 - CAD designer
4 - psychological astrologer
5 - Alternative practitioner for psychotherapy (with additional trainings)

So much for your trivialization of 'psychology for dummies' 😂

And since you seem to have stored it in your brain as a lie (like so many things before about me), I'll even provide you with proof of it below.
No, it wasn't a university course, but a 2-year training course with two times each 5 hours of training per week and a final exam before the health department of the city of Nuremberg:

021113_ErlaubnisPsyTh.png

So when I talk about Sigmund Freud and 'projection' you see that I really know what I'm talking about 😉

And: Tell me your date of birth, your place of birth and your time of birth, then I will tell you who and what you really are - and that is a more precise character analysis than a psychologist learns about you with his 50-page questionnaire :giggle:

Last edited:

For your further information, my dear boy, you (and everyone else here) should know that I built very few amps between 2002 and 2004 and had actually been considering for a few months to stop building amps altogether and open a psychotherapy practice.
Yes, I had already rented suitable premises for it.

In the years 2002 to 2004 I worked mainly on a voluntary basis for Caritas as a carer for mentally unstable young people and during this time I helped many drug and alcohol addicted young people get back into a regular life.

And I still do this with select people who are close to my heart as well as my 'hobby' building tube amps :cool:

I could also help you psychologically if you weren't so far away 🤷‍♂️

My dear defiant and envious boy,
your memory seems to be very bad,
and that even though you are still a few years younger than me 🤔

I told you before that I have 5 full-fledged jobs:

1 - car master
2 - Mechanical engineer
3 - CAD designer
4 - psychological astrologer
5 - Alternative practitioner for psychotherapy (with additional trainings)

So much for your trivialization of 'psychology for dummies' 😂

And since you seem to have stored it in your brain as a lie (like so many things before about me), I'll even provide you with proof of it below.
No, it wasn't a university course, but a 2-year training course with two times each 5 hours of training per week and a final exam before the health department of the city of Nuremberg:

View attachment 295979

So when I talk about Sigmund Freud and 'projection' you see that I really know what I'm talking about 😉

And: Tell me your date of birth, your place of birth and your time of birth, then I will tell you who and what you really are - and that is a more precise character analysis than a psychologist learns about you with his 50-page questionnaire :giggle:
And you still rather act like a piece of shit.

For your further information, my dear boy, you (and everyone else here) should know that I built very few amps between 2002 and 2004 and had actually been considering for a few months to stop building amps altogether and open a psychotherapy practice.
Yes, I had already rented suitable premises for it.

In the years 2002 to 2004 I worked mainly on a voluntary basis for Caritas as a carer for mentally unstable young people and during this time I helped many drug and alcohol addicted young people get back into a regular life.

And I still do this with select people who are close to my heart as well as my 'hobby' building tube amps :cool:

I could also help you psychologically if you weren't so far away 🤷‍♂️
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA... You cannot even delivered what you sold on time, and you're telling you can help others? You can't help yourself! Pathetic.

Back