ye ole rig thread ...

IMG_3437.jpeg

Tonight

This isn't exactly "finished" but it's finally close enough that I'm going to try to leave it as-is for a month or two. In the meantime I'll need to decide if it's worth doing all custom length cables, and what power supply I want to upgrade to. My cheapo Donner is doing the job for now, this is mainly for home jamming.
IMG_8748.jpg

This isn't exactly "finished" but it's finally close enough that I'm going to try to leave it as-is for a month or two. In the meantime I'll need to decide if it's worth doing all custom length cables, and what power supply I want to upgrade to. My cheapo Donner is doing the job for now, this is mainly for home jamming.
View attachment 297092
i've done custom length cables a couple of times and kinda moved away from them....because i'm gonna change that board several times and then the cables are too long\short. So now I use all the cables I've already made plus a handful of storebought, and if they're excessively long, I loop them or tie them up underneath with a zip tie lol.

Great looking board! I've got a couple of those pedals. I keep the nobels just because it's dark and i can tame a tele down in a hurry with it

My rig has evolved to teles and tweed.

Teles are partscasters, the one I'm playing most lately is pine, maple neck, broadcaster bridge, Charlie Christian neck.

Amps are a tweed deluxe (pushing a JBL D130 15" speaker), a Victoria Regal (in a v-front 2x10 cab), and an early Bassman RI.

If I get tired of a tele, sometimes I'll drag a Gretsch 6120 out.

Thanks. It’s “aquamarine.” It’s the most beautiful guitar I’ve ever owned! Unfortunately, I threw money at it and could never bond with the tone.

Traded it for an LP Custom right after that gig. Lol
That guitar is by far the biggest hit I've ever taken on a piece of gear. It didn't feel great...

Oooooof

Last edited:
i've done custom length cables a couple of times and kinda moved away from them....because i'm gonna change that board several times and then the cables are too long\short. So now I use all the cables I've already made plus a handful of storebought, and if they're excessively long, I loop them or tie them up underneath with a zip tie lol.

Great looking board! I've got a couple of those pedals. I keep the nobels just because it's dark and i can tame a tele down in a hurry with it
Being able to swap in the teles from whatever other guitar I'm using is the main reason the Nobles is on there.

Back