Jimi isolated guitar Wait Until Tomorrow

Man that sounds great. It's crazy how much better sounding and more musical this guitar line alone sounds than the full track it's in.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but man Jimi's discography pretty much single-handedly proves that a bad mix and poor recording can take away or just cover up so much of otherwise incredible music. Of course this was the 60's and tech was very limited, so you can't exactly fault them, but still.

And yeah, everything being clinical, direct, and perfect is a whole other problem on its own, but man there's a limit to how "organic" and "natural" stuff can be before it just sounds like you're recording from the other end of a storm drain tunnel. :D Jimi’s playing and sound here is great, but if you listen to the main track, the drums and everything else sounding as rough as they do kind of ruins it.

Last edited:
i dont know if its just me, but it seems like jimi has really fallen off the radar in recent times, i dont see him talked about nearly as much as in the past, i guess his estate or whoever is in charge are major blockers and it dosent seem to be helping his legacy. i think he might be the greatest ever all things considered.

i dont know if its just me, but it seems like jimi has really fallen off the radar in recent times, i dont see him talked about nearly as much as in the past, i guess his estate or whoever is in charge are major blockers and it dosent seem to be helping his legacy. i think he might be the greatest ever all things considered.
I agree the blockers are blocking artists into obscurity. I think the exact same thing happening to Prince.

I agree the blockers are blocking artists into obscurity. I think the exact same thing happening to Prince.

Yeah it’s strange, it’s why Queen seems to have taken over as the default old time rock band, they are thrown at us in how many commercials and have movies about them and shit where bands like jimi, zep, Beatles, Floyd and such are just fading away.

Nice, thanks for posting. Cool to hear his control on the dynamic of the picking. I never imagined him playing as lightly as he does here.

I've been listening to Jimi since 1970. Also started collecting concerts and outtakes since the early 70's.
Listening to this I'm still amazed how great his rhythm playing is. He had a strong R&B background. Little Richard, Isley Bros, Curtis Mayfield, etc.
The thing about Jimi, was, if he played another take of this, it would likely be just as good, but the variations around each chord would vary.
That was one of his strengths. He had a bunch of variations on dressing up chords. Probably out of boredom when he was backing up artists.

Nice, thanks for posting. Cool to hear his control on the dynamic of the picking. I never imagined him playing as lightly as he does here.

He does much lighter than this even and that’s what sets him apart imo, no one before or since to went from clean to scream like he could. Most his songs sound just as good on acoustic as well I think

Man that sounds great. It's crazy how much better sounding and more musical this guitar line alone sounds than the full track it's in.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but man Jimi's discography pretty much single-handedly proves that a bad mix and poor recording can take away or just cover up so much of otherwise incredible music. Of course this was the 60's and tech was very limited, so you can't exactly fault them, but still.

And yeah, everything being clinical, direct, and perfect is a whole other problem on its own, but man there's a limit to how "organic" and "natural" stuff can be before it just sounds like you're recording from the other end of a storm drain tunnel. :D Jimi’s playing and sound here is great, but if you listen to the main track, the drums and everything else sounding as rough as they do kind of ruins it.
Jimi lost the original tapes to the album and it had to be remixed in a rush.

Back