Some new Ozzy out today..

1200x630bb.jpg

Well if this is the Ozbournes targeted market audience the track should be a hit once all the "unhoused" get a TV / cellphone / computer / youtube ect. BTW the crack epidemic was 40 years ago, do folks still do that shit ?

davechappelle-tyrone.gif

Bob Daisley... he was Ozzys secret weapon for years, once Sharon fucked him and Lee over, Ozzys music was mediocre at best.
yes but Bob also need Ozzy and the guitarists around him .. name one good thing Bob has written since Ozzy (well theres Gary Moore if i'm honest). I do not see Bobs name popping up as a co writer on pretty much anything

I get the idea Ozzy just loves to work and isn’t tied to what he’s working on all that much, as long as he can sing into a mic and hear a product back after, I think that’s what makes the dude tick.

I was listening to a Zakk interview last week, maybe with Trunk, but the interviewer asked if he’s spoken to Ozzy lately and he said they text all the time and it cracks him up that Ozzy always has this “I need to get out there and do something before they forget who I am” mentality and Zakk’s trying to tell him, “You’re Ozzy, no one is ever going to forget you, you don’t have to do ANYTHING ever again if you don’t want to, you’re Ozzy Osbourne”

yes but Bob also need Ozzy and the guitarists around him .. name one good thing Bob has written since Ozzy (well theres Gary Moore if i'm honest). I do not see Bobs name popping up as a co writer on pretty much anything
I never said anything about Bobs career post Ozzy, but ALL of Ozzys best albums have Bobs songwriting and lyrics all over them. as far as him "cowriting", again I was only referring to his time with Ozzy, and he's got a TON of cowriting credit, including every song on Diary of a Madman.

I never said anything about Bobs career post Ozzy, but ALL of Ozzys best albums have Bobs songwriting and lyrics all over them. as far as him "cowriting", again I was only referring to his time with Ozzy, and he's got a TON of cowriting credit, including every song on Diary of a Madman.
that's kinda why I said he needed Ozzy just as much as Ozzy needed him. Yes his writing with Ozzy is some of the greatest music EVER created but the fact is he has never been able to recreate that with anyone else. The albums Ozzy has made without Bobs involvement have been way below the ones Bob was on but they are all still a million times better than anything Bob has done post Ozzy ... I'm pretty much over the "ozzy sucks, Bob is god" crap because Bob has done almost NOTHING worth listening to since 1988 (still got the blues and demartin's solo album aside)

They should have held on to BD for dear life and paid him whatever he wanted. The first three solo albums were by far the best imo.

Last edited:
I love ozzy's albums up to ozzmosis but I see ozzy as a metal version of brittany spears= an image they built and put in front of the mic. Him and sharon are gangsters and fucked everyone they ever worked with over. Fuck him.

I love ozzy's albums up to ozzmosis but I see ozzy as a metal version of brittany spears= an image they built and put in front of the mic. Him and sharon are gangsters and fucked everyone they ever worked with over. Fuck him.
Ozzy teamed up with Brittany Spears producer Kevin Churko on 2007’s Black Rain album. ‘I don’t wanna stop’ sounds 100% like a BS song. Pathetic.

The ultimate would be have every surviving guitarist Ozzy has had, do a song. Even have Brad Gillis. Then even add some bonus material with Randy, etc.

The last Ozzy album I love is Ozzmosis. There's good stuff on the ones that came after, but on Ozzmosis he still had his voice and Zakk was still on fire. The outside writers were starting to creep in and the production was shit (Ozzy fucking hated Michael Beinhorn). Very much the beginning of "Ozzy as a product."

Perry Mason might be the last Ozzy song I think of as a true classic. That riff is massive, the solo is insane and Geezer's bass is huge.

Bob wrote the lyrics for every Ozzy album in the 80s. The only one of those five he didn't play on was Ultimate Sin. Bob was 100% the Ozzman's secret weapon, he developed the lyrical style of Ozzy's solo years and maintained that consistently throughout the 80s. No More Tears was a great record and IMO the best since Rhoads, and while Bob didn't write on it he did play on it and that added continuity of sound (as did the continued presence of Randy Castillo, his third album in a row - No More Tears is the first and last album since Diary to have the same lineup as the previous album). The real secret to No More Tears' success IMO is the production. Michael Wagener did amazing things on that album, it's by far the best album of Ozzy's career, sonically.

This new stuff is.... just not Ozzy.

Back