Seeking recommendations

BigGuitars

So I’m getting ready to perform on an Internet show next Thursday. They’re only giving me 4 mins to play one tune. I’m just a guitarist. I do not sing. I’m looking for recommendations for a good instrumental rock song that is not so difficult to play, but still sounds bad ass. Something that is under 4 minutes. My first thought was some Joe Satriani songs, but the ones that came to mind were over 4 minutes. I want to play something that is more composed, rather than just improvise over a backing track. I feel like that could be a disaster. Any recommendations?

So I’m getting ready to perform on an Internet show next Thursday. They’re only giving me 4 mins to play one tune. I’m just a guitarist. I do not sing. I’m looking for recommendations for a good instrumental rock song that is not so difficult to play, but still sounds bad ass. Something that is under 4 minutes. My first thought was some Joe Satriani songs, but the ones that came to mind were over 4 minutes. I want to play something that is more composed, rather than just improvise over a backing track. I feel like that could be a disaster. Any recommendations?

What's the demographic? Is the show rated G? R? G n' R?

It's completely depends on the target demographic of the audience

Personally? I would do hot for teacher if it's boomers, black star without the long intro if it's gen x, against the wind (stratovarius) or maybe Blinded By fear for millennials, or some gay modern tappy thing (Periphery/Tammy Henson) if it's zoomers

Just do Joe's Crowd Chant. Leave out the actual crowd chants blank and just let the drums play, it'll still be great.
Many people know it from basketball games.

Like others have said depends on the audience and what you think is easy. My top choice would be shimmering highs by John norum but I don’t think that’s super easy to learn. March of the crabs is pretty easy and sounds cool. Maybe switch 625?

The demographic is zoomer/millennial. I’m also a millennial, but I’m going to play what I want regardless. I like 80s rock/metal, so I’m going to stick with that style

Back