Tones that make you go "Whoa!"

Humbucker neck pickup tele into a cranked Quad Reverb. Iceman kills it here, squeezing some sounds out I ain't heard anywhere else before:

• Love
Reactions: Geo
Albert always had the killer band. Johnnie B. Gayden on bass. Derek O' Brien on guitar. Everyone in the band a killer player.

Here's a bible of blues licks Little Jimmy laid down on the Lonesome Pine Special. I still remember catching this on PBS waaaaay back. Albert King's backing band here. Life altering. So underrated, the brother of Eric Gales. RIP brother.

• VH 1 & Fair Warning - legend...
  • AC/DC Highway to Hell - Marshalls and Bon, what else is needed...
  • Gary Moore Corridors of Power - you want a strat blaring through a cranked Marshall this is it...
  • Dokken ULAK & Back for the Attack - Lynch at his best, lets face it this guy was so close to taking the top spot at this point...
  • Ratt Out of the Cellar & Invasion - Warren and Robin at their best...
  • Rought Cutt - Debut and Wants You -vastly underrated, really great playing from Derakh and Hagger and one of the best drummers around in Alford. These albums are still in rotation...
  • The Cult Electric - simple kick ass songs, simple Marshall goodness...
  • TNT - Tell no Tales & Knights - the viking god...
  • Europe - Out of this World & Prisoners in Paradise - Marcello shits more melody in one song that most players in a lifetime...
  • Don Dokken - Up from the Ashes - Norum and wtf ever happened to Billy White...
  • John Norum - Total Control & Face the Truth - this dude, never disappoints, perfect blend of everything I like in a player...
  • Vandenberg - Heading for a Storm - brilliant album with average vocals, at one point my single favorite player, the staccato never fails...
  • Extreme - II and III Sides - whenever you need inspiration throw on some Nuno...
  • Blue Murder - Debut & Nothin' But Trouble - and if dude could ever release his new album I'd throw that out there as well as the released stuff is thick...
  • Alter Bridge - Blackbird - epic album where Tremonti planted his flag...
  • Big Wreck - In Loving Memory & Albatross - the brilliance of Thornley...
  • The Exies - A Modern Way of Living with the Truth - haven't heard it? Amazingly brilliant album from tones, songs, playing and production that got overlooked...

So many more....

Last edited:
  • AC/DC Highway to Hell - Marshalls and Bon, what else is needed...
Yeah! If tone was a temple Angus and Malcolm would be the pillars supporting the roof.

I was blown away by how clean a plexi actually is when you hear it firsthand in person. I got one and was like "where's the distortion"? Your technique has to be like rats pissing on cotton to use one of those puppies to max effect.

Back