What guitar are you playing today?

I joined a cover band doing all hard rock/metal from the last 40 years, this week. Cramming songs I’ve heard for years but never learned and figuring out to how to milk 4-5 tunings out of 2 guitars.

IMG_6201.jpeg

I was using a Strat at the first two practices for some stuff, but the other guitarist is 100% metal tone, 100% of the time, doesn’t matter if it’s a Slipknot tune or a Pearl Jam tune, as much as I’d like to have an awesome blend of tones live, trying to get in the ballpark of the album’s tones is going to be jarring in this context, so fuck it. EVH Red channel for everything! :LOL:

I just traded for this amazing guitar this past Monday

Normally this come loaded with Vintage Bass/neck and HFS /bridge.

The guy I traded with had recently installed a set of 57/08’s , which is a $400+ upgrade.

I’ve been playing the hell out of this guitar and it sounds awesome with these pickups.

Here’s a pic of the guitar before the upgraded pickups.

My ‘94 PRS Goldtop Standard 24

IMG_3263.jpeg

Today it's my all time favorite 6 string I think I've ever owned , My 2002 USA Jackson Select Sl-1.
Setting up a 4CM patch for the Mark IV today. Got a Parametric EQ with a high /low cut and a mid hump and output set at 4.00DB's up set for a lead boost
and using the t808Mod drive for the lead channel and the Esoteric ACB for the R2 Boost (I use R2 mostly with single coil, this boost works great for that)
This is giving me 3 very usable channels and a solo boost :)
IMG_5148.jpg

Last edited:
I just traded for this amazing guitar this past Monday

Normally this come loaded with Vintage Bass/neck and HFS /bridge.

The guy I traded with had recently installed a set of 57/08’s , which is a $400+ upgrade.

I’ve been playing the hell out of this guitar and it sounds awesome with these pickups.

Here’s a pic of the guitar before the upgraded pickups.

My ‘94 PRS Goldtop Standard 24

View attachment 299739
Nice!
Buddy of mine recently got a 90s CE24, it's one of the best playing and sounding guitars. I would have bought it if he didn't.
I like it a lot better than the Custom 24 10 top I had in 98. I dig the more plain, less flashy look.

today it's been my 94 Jackson Soloist XL. I put some work into this one, brand new Schaller Trem (had the 580_lp on it yuck)
new locking Tuners, BK Nailbomb with a push pull pot for the bridge a classic stack + in the middle and a Dimarzio heavy blues II in the neck.
One of my favorite guitars to gig because (besides how well it plays) I can go from Night Ranger to Dokken, to SVR, to INXS with this one.
Nailbomb sounds killer through the Mark IV too :)
XL Mesa.jpg

Today it's the guitar I've held on to the longest . I've had this since 2002 and it was my go-to guitar for years, but it's in standard tuning and my band plays down 1/2 a step so my SL1 gets all the play time, but I was reminded today how much I love this guitar and may drop it down 1/2 a step and raise the SL-1 up to standard for a while :)
Sl2 markIV.jpg

Last edited:
Back