The night James Hetfield called me and my buddy " dicks "

griff10672

So the Black Album thread got me thinking ..... I think I saw them 3 times on that tour .... once with Guns and Faith No More ( when James was just singing cause his arm was in a cast from the pyro accident )

the last time if I remember right was this time .... at Providence Civic Center in Rhode Island ....

me and my buddy scored upper back section tickets for like 20 bucks .... so we sat up in the back in the first row of the upper arena ...

well when James came around for the " Let's hit all four sides of the stage for Seek and Destroy " he got to the back .... and started giving me and my buddy shit for sitting down ..... we are just above the top of the cam's siteline .... he pointed right at us .... called us dicks amongst the muttering ..... lmfao

exactly 2 hours and 1 minute in is when the fun started ...

Man metallica is a weird band.

After they ran out of Dave and Cliff's ideas its like they are literally incapable of writing good music.

It's a really odd situation, because they are the biggest metal band in the world, and havent written anything worth a shit in like 40 years.

Those early tunes certainly are killer though, especially the first two albums. IMO RTL is by far the most consistent and best album of their career.

Master and Justice have their moments but anyone who says they don't skip 2/3 of the tracks is lying their ass off.

After they ran out of Dave and Cliff's ideas its like they are literally incapable of writing good music.

It's a really odd situation, because they are the biggest metal band in the world, and havent written anything worth a shit in like 40 years.

Those early tunes certainly are killer though, especially the first two albums. IMO RTL is by far the most consistent and best album of their career.

Master and Justice have their moments but anyone who says they don't skip 2/3 of the tracks is lying their ass off.
the first time I saw them was for the AJFA tour ... saw them twice on that one .... the first ever time .... we showed up late .... we could hear them ripping Creeping Death while we were in the hall trying to find our seat section and I'll never forget the site of every friggin person in there " doing the Die ... die ... thing with their fists .... when we finally went in ..... my hair stood on end for like a week ....

Load and Reload are a grunge metal masterpiece.

i don't recall OP asking for peoples tired old takes about metallicas career decisions and musical direction.
way to hijack the thread and make it about you.

Metallica threads always bring out the best in people :ROFLMAO:

He was intimidated by your alpha status Wayne. He thought he was gimped up and protected but by talking shit to you and your buddy it raised his masculinity….or he was butt hurt because he saw a couple dudes that were sitting down and not fawning over them…. Who knows? You should have started screaming SLAYER!!!! He would have kept walking then…

RTL I agree numerically has for sure to me the most good songs on it (my 2nd favorite album of their's), but I always found the sound too bloated in the mids and not a fan of all that reverb (very '80's sound to me)

For me their best/most iconic moments were in AJFA (despite fewer good songs) such as the intro to Dyers Eve or parts of Blackened. I think they also peaked there in terms of being more rhythmically interesting/adventurous and having their most distinctive sound with the c+'s (in a more aggressive way than on MOP), lack of bass and I think more aggressive in a way from being drier

One of my favorite songs by them is still Hit The Light despite it being simple, but otherwise never liked that first album much

I don't skip any tracks on Master or AJFA. I prefer them to the first two albums for sure, but I love all 80s Metallica. I like the Black Album a lot as well, it's just not the same band.

barg-300.jpg

Back