Bands that got better with age

ClintN667

Just wondering what bands do you think got better with age or at the least still put out the same quality albums. My opinion it doesn't happen often.

I usually enjoy new obituary and always enjoy new carcass albums. Testament and Overkill still put out quality music.

A lot of my old favorite bands hit a peak after 3 or 4 albums then shifted gears

Amorphis. While I love all their albums, I do like the last 4 or 5 better than the earlier ones.

The new Judas Priest is right up there with the best I’ve heard from them, it’s like classic Priest with beefier guitars or something.

Mastodon. I like the direction they took from the early albums

Kiss is now AI right ?
KissSockPuppetsCover.png

Although Pleasures Of The Flesh is one of my all-time favorites, Exodus has put out some great albums in recent years. Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Rob Dukes' vocals, especially live - and those albums he was on...from Shovel Headed Kill Machine to the Atrocity Exhibition A & B albums...they fucking rip. Blood In, Blood Out wasn't a favorite of mine but the last one, Persona Non Grata was a great album.

Just off the top of my head, Autopsy has been putting some pretty solid albums out all of these years - Cannibal Corpse, too - not that they blow-away their early stuff, but they're still solid albums with some great songs and compositions.

Although Pleasures Of The Flesh is one of my all-time favorites, Exodus has put out some great albums in recent years. Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I prefer Rob Dukes' vocals, especially live - and those albums he was on...from Shovel Headed Kill Machine to the Atrocity Exhibition A & B albums...they fucking rip. Blood In, Blood Out wasn't a favorite of mine but the last one, Persona Non Grata was a great album.

Just off the top of my head, Autopsy has been putting some pretty solid albums out all of these years - Cannibal Corpse, too - not that they blow-away their early stuff, but they're still solid albums with some great songs and compositions.

I also prefer Dukes era Exodus. Everything about those albums was next level brutal. The tones, the tunes, the production, everything.

Back