WTB: Performance Guitar (S.M.I. Inc.) Builds

Emperor Guillotine

DESCRIPTION:
I am currently looking to add something new to my arsenal; and I was wondering if anyone here on the forum had any builds from Performance Guitar out of Hollywood, California that they would consider selling. (Corsair, Super Strat, etc.)

As of lately, I have been genuinely curious about getting my hands on some instruments that exhibit the masterful craftsmanship of Kunio Sugai and Yasuhiro Yokote at Performance Guitar. (Perhaps call it an itch that needs to be scratched.)

USA-based buyer here with over a decade of experience buying/selling gear online. References available upon request.

CONDITION:
No preference.

PRICE:
Negotiable.

I am willing to work with interested sellers on all shipping requirements, whether domestically or internationally.

REFERENCE PHOTOS:

Performance-Headstock-1.jpg

Performance-Headstock-2.jpg

Performance-Logo.gif

Last edited:
I was in that shop regularly in ‘89 during my year @ G.I.T. They had all the (at the time) really hard to find hardware and replacement parts like saddle insert blocks for Floyd Rose trems, etc. What a cool place and yes, outstanding builds.

I recently bought an old cab, and met the seller there because he had an appointment to get some work done. I had never heard of the shop before that, but read up when he mentioned it - what a cool discovery!

A buddy of mine owns a few of those Performance Corsairs and loves them. I've only ever owned one...ordered it from Kunio way back in 2010. I currently have the neck from my Corsair on one of my Charvels. No plans to sell at the moment, but I will let you know if that ever changes. Hope you can track one down in the meantime. They are killer.

IMG_0139.jpeg

Last edited:
A buddy of mine owns a few of those Performance Corsairs and loves them. I've only ever owned one...ordered it from Kunio way back in 2010. I currently have the neck from my Corsair on one of my Charvels. No plans to sell at the moment, but I will let you know if that ever changes. Hope you can track one down in the meantime. They are killer.

View attachment 304083
Awesome! 🤙 Thanks for sharing, @littleguitars!

Back