If I were to run a Distortion Pedal ......

griff10672

I'm not a huge fan of doing distortion pedals ..... I like boosts and drives ..... I like adding drives as flavors .... not basing my whole dinner around them ..

but I do know a really decent distortion pedal is a good thing to have around just in case .... so if I were to include one in my " portfolio " that I'm currently

running ....it would be this one .... 2 channels .... each voiced a little different ... LED footswitch changes color to replicate channel color ... and sounds very Marshall-esque

I've built a few of these over the last few years .... they sound fantastic ..... and 2 separate channels is huge ... IMO

1692355444100.jpeg
1692355514506.jpeg

I'm watching !!!!
Can't sound like BE OD Deluxe . A good distortion texture and tone wise with realistic FEEL is quite the sonic experience. This particular recipe may or may not be possible for metal, downtune, chugga, etc . Friedman's can save a borderline amp but there is an itch that doesn't get scratched. Many pedals can hide behind power chords as their only strong suite. Think 2204 / 1987 tweaked to perfection.
( very Marshall-esque or REALLY Marshall-esque ) One of the channels must be
OMG Marshall-esque .
Maybe there are better analogies. Size is important.

I'm watching !!!!
Can't sound like BE OD Deluxe . A good distortion texture and tone wise with realistic FEEL is quite the sonic experience. This particular recipe may or may not be possible for metal, downtune, chugga, etc . Friedman's can save a borderline amp but there is an itch that doesn't get scratched. Many pedals can hide behind power chords as their only strong suite. Think 2204 / 1987 tweaked to perfection.
( very Marshall-esque or REALLY Marshall-esque ) One of the channels must be
OMG Marshall-esque .
Maybe there are better analogies. Size is important.

LOL ..... one channel is a tweaked VH4 channel ...... and the other is based off of my Shiva 20th ...

Yeah, at first I was like... "Too many knobs for me." :ROFLMAO:

But, if it sounds like that VH4-esque pedal in the other vid that we apparently can't have, then I might be interested in this one. If we get a "bonus" channel along with it, then all the better. My tastes as of late have been more toward the lower wattage, hand wired, single channel amps so I'm looking for something to give me options tonally.

Unless this is just another tease. :poke:

is it a distortion or a pre though? not sure if that makes sense....but it looks cool as fuck and I bet it sounds dope as fuck...

But, if it sounds like that VH4-esque pedal in the other vid that we apparently can't have, then I might be interested in this one. If we get a "bonus" channel along with it, then all the better. My tastes as of late have been more toward the lower wattage, hand wired, single channel amps so I'm looking for something to give me options tonally.

well that other pedal was my mistake. Wayne built that for me like a year or so back. I should have checked with him before sending it out. Did not realize what all he had to do to build it. So I fucked up. That's on me yo....

The VH4 pedal has a Power Amp out ...... this one does not . This is a straight up distortion pedal

I honestly don't think we can get 10 people to pay 175 to 200 for the VH4 I do ...... it's not a Tube Screamer .... it takes me at least twice as long to build and has twice as many parts ... so that's what I would charge ........ at minimum I would charge 175

The VH4 pedal has a Power Amp out ......

Ah, got it! Didn't realize that it contained a preamp too. Yeah, I'm not really looking for that. Just mainly looking for something to run in front of the amp to give me some extra "flavors".

So, what's the deal on this two channel pedal with all the k-nobs then?? Is this something you're thinking about putting out there?

Ah, got it! Didn't realize that it contained a preamp too. Yeah, I'm not really looking for that. Just mainly looking for something to run in front of the amp to give me some extra "flavors".

So, what's the deal on this two channel pedal with all the k-nobs then?? Is this something you're thinking about putting out there?
The VH4 pedal has a Pre Amp out ..... and a regular out ... you can run it into your front end no problem

if you want extra flavors .... I have my versions of the SoloDallas Storm and the old TC Electronics Intergrated Preamp coming in just a couple of weeks ...

I can do one-offs of anything ............... they are just more costly to do .... and I have to charge accordingly ....

No offense to Wayne but if you guys want a VH4 pedal why wouldn’t you just get from from Diezel?
yeah ....... why not ?

You can get a used one from GC right now for 175 before tax and before shipping ....

I would charge at least 175 shipped ......... but mine would have much cooler graphics .... and probably sound better ... just saying

I'm not a huge fan of doing distortion pedals ..... I like boosts and drives ..... I like adding drives as flavors .... not basing my whole dinner around them ..

but I do know a really decent distortion pedal is a good thing to have around just in case .... so if I were to include one in my " portfolio " that I'm currently

running ....it would be this one .... 2 channels .... each voiced a little different ... LED footswitch changes color to replicate channel color ... and sounds very Marshall-esque

I've built a few of these over the last few years .... they sound fantastic ..... and 2 separate channels is huge ... IMO

View attachment 237656View attachment 237659
hey, just made this account to say that I bought one of your pedals here in Brazil, it's my favorite pedal by the way

(unless someone else made a pedal identical to the one in the photo)

I don't get @Rocker68 s post.
I recently built a Thermionic Deluxe myself *while* still owning the original Friedman pedal. For sho they sound 98% the same.
My only tweak out of necessity was to swap the two 2.2nF caps with 3.3nFs.
Brings out a tad thicker mids.
It's my favorite pedal these days and I find myself playing it more (on the clean channel) on my Savage 60 than the Savage 60's own drive channel, because it does the juicyness of a Marshall better, where the Savage remains more dry and tight.

Back