What is your bug out plan?

I appreciate that brother. Same goes to you :yes:

And I agree. Can't do it alone. I've told a select few outside of my family. At this point, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to provide for too many more, but like you said, if you contribute to the group, then everyone benefits. At least to a point right? My neighbor has more guns and ammo then I feel we would need.

And when I say SHTF = WWIII + contaminated water supply + nuclear shit + low food supply + high crime

I need to add extra chainsaw chains - good call out Von. Or at least a way to sharpen what I have until the gas runs out.

It’s fine short term, but what you really need is a way to cut wood without using finite resources. Chainsaws are noisy too.

There are only two times when you can have too much ammo. When you’re swimming or when you’re on fire.

Things you have in abundance can be bartered for things you don’t have. I know I spoke earlier of taking out people or things that are a drain on resources with no tangible skills or assets to offer the group and I still believe that, but you know you can’t count on anyone besides yourself to get the job done correctly. The time will come when you will need to be able to defend your belongings. That means arming everyone in the group. It also means training them. At least in a basic sense.

You are not going to want to be where people are. And you are not going to want outsiders to locate you. If they do you better be able to defend your property and belongings.

Get a 250-gallon propane tank and a generator that is dual-fuel.

:cool:
Another good call. My neighbor just bought a dual-fuel generator and now I want one. His is literally sitting at the bottom of the pole and some sort of autosensing trip where it fires up automatically.

wrMw2Z8.jpg

It’s fine short term, but what you really need is a way to cut wood without using finite resources. Chainsaws are noisy too.
Most people don't have the endurance to run a saw all day, let alone cut wood by hand with an axe, especially if food needs to be rationed. That's a serious calorie suck. The best way is to just stock four or five years up before it's needed but not so much the termites eat it all. Cutting live oak here by hand would be futile.

Most people don't have the endurance to run a saw all day, let alone cut wood by hand with an axe, especially if food needs to be rationed. That's a serious calorie suck. The best way is to just stock four or five years up before it's needed but not so much the termites eat it all. Cutting live oak here by hand would be futile.
Like I said, short term. A year or so and you’ll be cutting it without anything that uses gas or electricity or you won’t be getting any.

Like I said, short term. A year or so and you’ll be cutting it without anything that uses gas or electricity or you won’t be getting any.
Up here having water is my bigger concern. But yeah, fire treats water and fire needs wood.....fortunately the ice storms provide a lot of deadfalls every year.

That's key. Being near forest land means lots of dead wood.
I have about 6 acres where I am now and about 65-70 percent is forested. Tons of dead falls so I can scrape together enough for fires off the ground or with a gomboy saw if I need to. Hey if you don't have one of those little silky folding saws you REALLY need one, especially as a knife nut guy. And buy a couple spare blades to go with it. Those things are pretty awesome as long as you don't go into "Eff this" mode when you are using them. Nice, smooth, controlled strokes will take the blade a long way. When I got sick of the noise of a chainsaw sometimes I'd piece up brush with them just to save chainsaw blades. A killer piece of kit for camping, backpacking, survival, etc. And relatively light too.

I have about 6 acres where I am now and about 65-70 percent is forested. Tons of dead falls so I can scrape together enough for fires off the ground or with a gomboy saw if I need to. Hey if you don't have one of those little silky folding saws you REALLY need one, especially as a knife nut guy. And buy a couple spare blades to go with it. Those things are pretty awesome as long as you don't go into "Eff this" mode when you are using them. Nice, smooth, controlled strokes will take the blade a long way. When I got sick of the noise of a chainsaw sometimes I'd piece up brush with them just to save chainsaw blades. A killer piece of kit for camping, backpacking, survival, etc. And relatively light too.
I have a few of them bro. They are nice. I also am pretty handy with an axe.

I have a few of them bro. They are nice. I also am pretty handy with an axe.
Cool, thought I'd put that out there because those saws can get an amazing amount of stuff done even if that's all you got. I'm not a big axe guy because live oak is what I got and axes just don't do it. I can split some of it by hand if it's not twisted but most of it is. My neighbor has a gas powered woodsplitter and it's strained trying to split some of the more twisted pieces. It almost shatters when it splits. It's the premier boat building wood and the navy still owns stands of it for that purpose. Tough as nails.

Cool, thought I'd put that out there because those saws can get an amazing amount of stuff done even if that's all you got. I'm not a big axe guy because live oak is what I got and axes just don't do it. I can split some of it by hand if it's not twisted but most of it is. My neighbor has a gas powered woodsplitter and it's strained trying to split some of the more twisted pieces. It almost shatters when it splits. It's the premier boat building wood and the navy still owns stands of it for that purpose. Tough as nails.
Yeah, tons of standing oak in Missouri too. In fact I planted some just down the hill a couple years ago.

I think all of the barrels Jack Daniels uses are cut from the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri. Two man crosscut saws are bad ass too.

That cheap body spray is going to attract all the wrong sorts in a survival situation, Floyd.

:rolleyes:
That garbage only attracts STD ridden drunk bitches.

I usually smell like old cast iron. When I shave I smell like Barrister and Mann Leviathon, Razorock Tuscan Oud or PAA Tombstone ( leather, bergamot and gunpowder with a hint of rose)

Back