Josh Homme Discussion

Bxlxaxkxe

Amp ho
I dig it

[mod edit]
The OP wasn't happy with the way his thread turned out, so I'm creating a new one and copying all posts except his hereto.

I couldn't delete his OP in the other one 'cause it would've nuked the entire thread and that would've been disrespectful towards all who've already contributed.

Whenever I do something like this my OP in the newly-created thread gets sent to the last page, last post, so I'm inserting this message here in the new OP's post.

Ahh, I get what he's saying but at the same time every single player that copied his single chain is going to sound different than him. I'm firmly in the camp that everyone has their own sound. So many times that's been pointed out by players through the years. Even me in my experience, I had a guy who went out and bought a JVM specifically because that is what I used and he liked my tone. I even dialed in the controls exactly how I sat them for him, played through his stuff and it was me. He played through it and it never worked for him...I ended buying his JVM as a backup because of it.

To me Josh is unique enough that it'd be cool to see what he used but whatever.

His tones wouldn't work for most guys anyway, and he uses so much different shit that I don't really think there is a "standard" rig...especially in the studio.

Sorry but his "explanation" is pretentious bullshit and boils down to "I'd rather know a secret you don't and I like that you want to know but can't."

I've never even listened to his music but in my book, anybody who jealously hoards/gatekeeps gear info because of their holier than thou god complex like he's got, however they choose to spin it, doesn't deserve your time or attention.

This isn't even to mention his excuse that “I want yoooou to experiment and find out what I do on your oooown” is kind of ridiculous considering how he's a professional musician who has all the time and access in the world to all the gear he wants to use, contrasted against his non-professional fans who just want to know what direction to start looking to get the sounds they've been inspired by, because they don't have anywhere near the kind of access to discover all the stuff he's been able to learn, without having to churn through a merry-go-round of tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear in their spare time with no guarantee of ever finding what inspired them to start the search in the first place.

He could instantly resolve the issue for his fans at no cost to himself but chooses not to, which makes him a cunt. Fuck him.

Last edited:
To add to the "fuck him" post I made earlier, he's actually worse than I described a few minutes ago.

Not only is he taking the time to talk about why he won't talk about his gear (when the same time could be used to talk about his gear), but he's going out of his way to highlight what a unique and mysterious pioneering frontiersman of tone he is who uses all this weird gear in "clearly unintended" ways, you know, because he's just such an enlightened free thinker unbound by all the limitations of what you're "supposed to do" unlike all us mere mortal lemming plebs down here in the slums. He knows this is just going to make the people who want to know even more curious and still says it.

What a colossal douche.

I can almost understand his philosophy of "don't be a follower, go find your own sound" and there is validity to that, but honestly man, this is not the way to push that mindset. Talk about what you use. The people without the desire to blaze their own trails will be satisfied, and the people who are going to find their own way will have one more piece of info to help them along their way.

To add to the "fuck him" post I made earlier, he's actually worse than I described a few minutes ago.

Not only is he taking the time to talk about why he won't talk about his gear (when the same time could be used to talk about his gear), but he's going out of his way to highlight what a unique and mysterious pioneering frontiersman of tone he is who uses all this weird gear in "clearly unintended" ways, you know, because he's just such an enlightened free thinker unbound by all the limitations of what you're "supposed to do" unlike all us mere mortal plebs down here in the slums. He knows this is just going to make the people who want to know even more curious.

What a colossal douche.

I can almost understand his philosophy of "don't be a follower, go find your own sound" and there is validity to that, but honestly man, this is not the way to push that mindset. Talk about what you use. The people without the desire to blaze their own trails will be satisfied, and the people who are going to find their own way will have one more piece of info to help them along their way.
it makes me laugh how he somehow got worse as a person in less than an hour....that's god-tier right there lol

i have, to me its C grade stoner rock :dunno: queens of the stone age do nothing for me, eagles of death metal is not good, and them crooked vultures, who i was super pumped for is among the worst bands ive ever heard, never have i been so excited for a band and so let down
I thought that the first QOTSA album was pretty good too. They fizzled out but were great in the early days.

Back