What guitar are you playing today?

20240420_143429.jpg

Today it was my PRS Custom 22. According to the back of the headstock it’s number 10 of 12 from a run called the “Dirty Dozen II”. Seeing as there were apparently two runs, it’s more of a “Dirty Two Dozen” but I guess that doesn’t really work….

View attachment 305370
Incredible top and finish! Makes it look like it’s a hollow body under wooden strands.

I feel you on the finish, I actually had black ones and white ones and swapped the pickguard on them and it looked a lot better.

And Yeah, I’ve got one of the vintage white LTD’s as well. The current LTD’s and the old Standard Series are also a little different sound-wise, as the standards were maple neck-thru with mahogany wings, and the newer LTD’s are all mahogany (Some of the old LTD 400 series phoenixes were also all mahogany). I prefer the all mahogany as it’s a bit beefier of a sound. Sound more like a Les Paul. The newer LTD’s also have painted necks, the old standards (and my custom) did not. I’d take the new 1000’s over the old standards these days, personally.

Hey thanks for going over the differences! I didn't realize they had a bit different construction. I feel like this is an unpopular opinion since satin necks seem to be all the rage these days, but I actually like the feel of the ESP painted necks. I'm kinda vain in that I really want that "ESP" logo on the headstock, but I have to admit I'm tempted by the vintage white LTD. Cheers!

Back