Who the hell is Grace Bowels...or Bowers???

It's a sin to allow yourself to be wounded by the fortunes of another.
I’m not too strong in religion department. Rather I was saying that it is logically understandable.

I am a credit where credit is due type of person myself. These “guitar chicks” aren’t the case though.

What I have learned from this thread...so far.
There will always be those whom have it easier in life than others.
There will always be those who will get way too wound up by those whom have it easier.
And there are those who can only shout at the void of the internet instead of looking inward and dealing with it.

I can’t understand why you guys fight each other over some obviously privileged piece of shit wannabe?

It is normal that some of us feel anger about such an undeserving one getting that much privileges.

Is she any good? To me fellow forumites shit on her skillwise. She looks and sounds like a shitty gimmick. But some studio/record label boss might be into minors, so we’re here.

World is an unfair place. And this is a nice example of that.
Do you have a link to your YT channel?

Do you have a link to your YT channel?
I have only couple vids available via link only, from like 10 years ago. Why? I have too high standarts even towards myself to start public self jacking off. But there are a lot of talented guys who do have youtube and demonstrate crazy level of skill without any endorsements in sight.

It's hard to put yourself out there. Hating on people who do when you lack the courage is weak sauce
Don’t tell me about putting oneself out there and courage. I performed in some of the biggest venues in the country (even though nothing special, but in front of a healthy crowd) and participated in international level sports events in two different sports. So I guess you’re searching weak sauce in the wrong place.

Look at tiktok, shitload of worthless living garbage puts itself out there. Not that hard to do it in the end, is it? 😂

Like I said, it’s hard to put yourself out there. It’s not hard to bitch and moan about other people’s success tho, is it?
@RevDrucifer mentioned earlier in the thread that if you don't like the state of music go make your own. It's good advice. I used to bitch sometimes about players getting press that I didn't think were any big deal then that whole idea dawned on me "show them how it's done then". Easy to say, difficult to do. It is TOUGH to put your stuff out there. It's TOUGH to even get good material together. Then it's TOUGH to get it recorded, sounding the way you want AND get a good final mix. Dammit.

If you are really good, people hate you for being better than them or they spend time armchair picking apart your playing. If you are a real bad, people will hate you for being awful. If you are mediocre then that's probably the worst because you won't even get any reaction, love or hate.

You bust your ass, do a million late nights-low pay-cold food and post up all your best performances and the guitar review you posted gets 100x the the views of your most popular live performance. It's a bitch out there.

And lemme guess, you have "a" gig lined up for later this summer if your group can pull the material together by then?

This is why you ain't got the endorsements big dog.
No, no band and never intended. Perfomances were related to my music school times and were brought up in the meaning of not much courage needed for all that shit.

I am in no way a pro mucisian and never intended to. My speech is from a observer standpoint. There are much better musicians than this girl getting 0 endorsements, that is what concerns me.

Like I said, it’s hard to put yourself out there. It’s not hard to bitch and moan about other people’s success tho, is it?
Man, are you alright? What is hard in posting lame ass covers? If we go by your measures, TikTok is a genius society of brave and talented, as they put themselves out there 24/7?

And I’ll explain it to you too. I am not talking about myself. I am talking about other mucisians that are far more talented and don’t get half the attention from big brands. That is the main issue for me.

I don’t know where you see bitching or moaning in absolutely based critique of shitty big brand politics.

Can’t you guys really understand what I am talking about? Is my English not good enough to express my idea?

There are much better musicians than this girl getting 0 endorsements, that is what concerns me.
Most endorsements mean next to nothing other than getting gear at a discount or at cost from that maker. The only time there is a free lunch is when your profile is so high it's a net gain just to have you seen with that company's product. By then you don't need access to cheap gear anymore. If you were a gigging musician with even a good local or regional profile and were a squeaky wheel in your chosen company's inbox you might wind up with a small endorsement. It's really not some big deal worth being mad about so the whole "soccer mom concern" isn't worth your time.

Can’t you guys really understand what I am talking about?
You post zero content yourself yet feel as though you are some sort of barometer of what is worthy of others’ attention and what is not.

You are not that. You don’t get to decide what is good and what is bad. If you can do better, do it. Hiding behind a keyboard calling other people “worthless living garbage” is a sad place to be

Most endorsements mean next to nothing other than getting gear at a discount or at cost from that maker. The only time there is a free lunch is when your profile is so high it's a net gain just to have you seen with that company's product. By then you don't need access to cheap gear anymore. If you were a gigging musician with even a good local or regional profile and were a squeaky wheel in your chosen company's inbox you might wind up with a small endorsement. It's really not some big deal worth being mad about so the whole "soccer mom concern" isn't worth your time.
Thanks god, we finally understand each other. Discount is one thing, free 1961 gibsons and signature guitar (people mentioned it here) is another thing. I am just a fan of meritocracy haha

You post zero content yourself yet feel as though you are some sort of barometer of what is worthy of others’ attention and what is not.

You are not that. You don’t get to decide what is good and what is bad. If you can do better, do it. Hiding behind a keyboard calling other people “worthless living garbage” is a sad place to be
Why are you so hellbent on me in particular? I have zero ambition musicwise and my desire always was to play some Metallica and Death riffs for myself lol

This is an old manipulation technique “do something yourself before judging” and a quite weak one. You don’t have to be Van Halen to see that someone plays leagues above someone else.

There are a lot of guys on youtube displaying immaculate playing skill but not having a pussy and a producer and therefore getting no traction. That is what irritates me, not anything else.

If you think this tiktok brained mass is worth anything, my condolences to you.

What next, you gonna support that black actress cast for Anne Boleyn role? 😂

There are much better musicians than this girl getting 0 endorsements, that is what concerns me.

Discount is one thing, free 1961 gibsons and signature guitar (people mentioned it here) is another thing. I am just a fan of meritocracy haha

It is a meritocracy. You have no clue what other people are getting free gear. I am a pretty mid player but cover band clips have scored me thousands of dollars in free gear by a couple big manufacturers—if you can show that you can make gear sound good they will reach out eventually. And yes, young females are more likely to attract guitar players’ eyes than old men. That’s the way the world has always worked.

It is a meritocracy. You have no clue what other people are getting free gear. I am a pretty mid player but cover band clips have scored me thousands of dollars in free gear by a couple big manufacturers—if you can show that you can make gear sound good they will reach out eventually. And yes, young females are more likely to attract guitar players’ eyes than old men. That’s the way the world has always worked.
Damn, we managed to hear each other with you too. Good news!

I talked to guys, that’s how I know. Small channels with like 1k subscribers with god level skill all over the place.

Yeah, you’re right about females, which turned meritocracy into pussycracy nowadays sadly. We have beauty contests for pussy, I wish music remained a measure of talent…

I am super happy to hear you are getting free gear too!

Last edited:
Back