Do You Vape or Smoke?

• Thread starter Deleted member 43831
  • Start date
I smoked, and quit 3 times.

I then got on salt nic vape and it was great. Had no desire to touch tobacco again.

However I have now fully quit all nicotine, even the vape.

The salt nic vape was a real MF'er to quit. Much worse that quitting cigs.

diacetyl is present in cigarettes at around 300-400ppm which is higher than what is found in commercial vape juices that might contain it.
No reported cases of popcorn lung from smoking after all these years of millions of people smoking for a life time.
Popcorn lung from vaping was only ever speculation and if the conversation continues today its only through ignorance.
If I was to take up vaping the juice would be unflavoured nic/vg/distilled water. Might taste like a dish cloth but none of those components produce any real nasties when heated to usual vaping temps. Maybe if you like a hot vape you might start to see some production of toxic chemicals but it would be at a far lower rate than a cigarette or even standing over a hot plate searing a steak,

I have vape equipment but I never took it up as a habit despite smoking for 40yrs. I tried vaping after I quit smoking, it just didnt do anything for me. I kept forgetting to use it. Turns out, either it wasnt the nicotine that I was trying to extract from smoking tobacco, or nicotine without the reinforces in combusted tobacco is a pretty piss weak drug for me.

If I was to take up vaping the juice would be unflavoured nic/vg/distilled water.
Good attitude IMHO.

If you don't want to use PG you can dilute VG with 5% distilled water. Wicks better that way but you still get the added smooth sweetness and thick cloud from the VG.

I make my own juice. Just this year I started making my own tobacco flavour too. I soak organic tobacco in distilled water then hit it with a fan, covered with a stocking around the bowl to prevent dust and lint getting in, and in 2-3 days I have the residue which I then redissolve into a 50/50 VG/PG base.

The shit's so strong it only takes 4-7 drops in a 5.5ml tank to add a nice "earthiness" and reduce any harshness that may be present in, say, a fruit-flavoured mix made with concentrates and base.

I don't know how others do it, but I just went about it logically. Tried boiling in distilled water to see if it would be any more efficient but all that did was increase cloudiness and therefore cellulose residue, which reduces coil life. A 2-hour soak in distilled water works a treat.

Turns out, either it wasnt the nicotine that I was trying to extract from smoking tobacco, or nicotine without the reinforces in combusted tobacco is a pretty piss weak drug for me.
Yup, those 3-5000 toxic chemicals they soak tobacco in for commercial consumption are a bitch and definitely add to the "drug hit".

I'll move the thread to "Hobbies" where the other smoking and vaping stuff resides...

I remember there were commercially made juices that were extremely popular that contained higher amounts of diketones than cigarettes . A few of the juices were from Five Pawns but I can't remember the others . Everybody just assumes cigarettes would have much higher concentrations of diketones but unless you're doing specific tests nobody really knows . Commercial juices were never regulated so nobody knows just how much and what exactly is in them .

Of course there is no reported cases of popcorn lung because only vapers call it by that name , nobody in the medical community calls it popcorn lung they categorize it as respiratory issues including COPD .

Good attitude IMHO.

If you don't want to use PG you can dilute VG with 5% distilled water. Wicks better that way but you still get the added smooth sweetness and thick cloud from the VG.

I make my own juice. Just this year I started making my own tobacco flavour too. I soak organic tobacco in distilled water then hit it with a fan, covered with a stocking around the bowl to prevent dust and lint getting in, and in 2-3 days I have the residue which I then redissolve into a 50/50 VG/PG base.

The shit's so strong it only takes 4-7 drops in a 5.5ml tank to add a nice "earthiness" and reduce any harshness that may be present in, say, a fruit-flavoured mix made with concentrates and base.

I don't know how others do it, but I just went about it logically. Tried boiling in distilled water to see if it would be any more efficient but all that did was increase cloudiness and therefore cellulose residue, which reduces coil life. A 2-hour soak in distilled water works a treat.

Yup, those 3-5000 toxic chemicals they soak tobacco in for commercial consumption are a bitch and definitely add to the "drug hit".

I'll move the thread to "Hobbies" where the other smoking and vaping stuff resides...
Have you tried some of the commercially available highly rated tobacco nets out there and if so what did you think ?

IIRC vitamin E acetate was supposed to be the one to be really-wary of, no?
That was not one of the chemicals talked about on any forums I was on and I was on a ton of them but that was years ago . It was always diacetyl, acetyl propionyl and acetoin with acetoin being the least dangerous of the three.

Where did you read about vitamin E acetate, was it a chemical in E juice flavors ?

Never mind I looked it up , it's related to those deadly mishaps with vaping in 2019 .

Α-Tocopheryl acetate
α-Tocopheryl acetate, also known as vitamin E acetate, is a synthetic form of vitamin E. It is the ester of acetic acid and α-tocopherol. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that vitamin E acetate is a very strong culprit of concern in the 2019 outbreak of vaping-associated pulmonary injury, but there is not yet sufficient evidence to rule out contributions from other chemicals. Vaporization of this ester produces toxic pyrolysis.

I believe those instances were due to people vaping shit that was never meant to be vaped .

Last edited:
Have you tried some of the commercially available highly rated tobacco nets out there and if so what did you think ?
Yeah, I've had Vape365 Red Tobacco, some gold one or another and a bunch of concentrates like Virginia Tobacco, Turkish Blend and whatnot.

They generally taste more-tobaccoey than my home-made stuff and can be pretty-good. They generally need time to steep into a fruit / vanilla-style mix 'though, so you may not taste much at first.

Where did you read about vitamin E acetate ?
Can't remember, but IIRC it was responsible for many of the very-few (small handful) of yearly deaths, usually of 15-year-old girls who hadn't a clue what they were doing and no doubt sourced their juices willy-nilly.

Vitamin E acetate is a key culprit in the vaping illness outbreak - Vox
Vitamin E acetate is OK to eat, but dangerous to inhale.

Reactions: ccn
Yeah, I've had Vape365 Red Tobacco, some gold one or another and a bunch of concentrates like Virginia Tobacco, Turkish Blend and whatnot.

They generally taste more-tobaccoey than my home-made stuff and can be pretty-good. They generally need time to steep into a fruit / vanilla-style mix 'though, so you may not taste much at first.

Can't remember, but IIRC it was responsible for many of the very-few (small handful) of yearly deaths, usually of 15-year-old girls who hadn't a clue what they were doing and no doubt sourced their juices willy-nilly.

Vitamin E acetate is a key culprit in the vaping illness outbreak - Vox
Vitamin E acetate is OK to eat, but dangerous to inhale.
I never tried a NET but I did buy tobacco absolutes and Virginia based E juice flavors . They were OK but nothing great .

Wow man, I didn't know about NET.

Sounds like the shiz and I found a store in Australia that makes its own. Very-interesting-looking flavours:

Australian eJuice Co. Products

Thank you! Will definitely explore this. Won't be as cheap as my home-made option, but just for adding a hint to my juices but it sounds classy...

I tried my first cigarette at the age of 14.
However, I had been smoking grass off and on for two years prior.

It was a Newport and man did I get sick. Dizzy, wanted to vomit.
Ruined my Sauerkraut Festival that night, lol.
Grass had never made me feel like that!

Anyways, never tried a cigarette again.
Smoked grass off and on ever since though.
At times, I feel I get burned out and just need to take a break for a while...

Tried vaping grass for a minute, but not my thing.

I wish it wasn’t so expensive
And I wish it didn’t make me look so cool

IMG_6168.jpeg

It's annoying when titles disappear, right? Makes it hard to follow the chat. About vaping and smoking, I used to be a smoker myself but switched to vaping a while back. Honestly, it was mostly because my friends were doing it, and the flavours sounded fun.

I started with some basic devices a buddy recommended, nothing fancy. The thing with vaping, I found, is it doesn't hit you as hard as cigarettes. Plus, the flavours are a game changer. I'm into these fruity ones lately. If you're curious, access the store and see if something catches your eye.

Last edited:
Back