100B Clip

CALI68

I picked up a super clean 100B (right here) and I've been absolutely floored by it! Serious mojonation!

Nothing fancy in the way of playing but the amp screams! ...the Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay is simply incredible too!

Stock Wolfgang/Bogner 100B (variac off/ 1/2 power *two power tubes knocked out*/boost off/ red channel/ gain at 12:00) / Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay / 4X12 loaded with 1968 Pre Rola Greenbacks

Check it out:

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybdCP38sz4

-Chris

RockStarNick":2z5os2fy said:
Oh f*ck yeah. :rock:

That 100B sounds so good.

Why did they ever think they needed to improve upon that to a 101? :confused:
:LOL: :LOL: I agree man,don't mess with perfection!!!

Thanks Guys!

I'm really starting to find my groove with the amp so I'll have more clips coming soon!

This amp is amazing...it just has that "vibe" you know?

-Chris

Probably because so many confuse compression with gain and enough people started complaining that the amp wasn't gainy and forgiving enough to cover up their shoddy play, so Reinhold felt compelled to modify the XTC into the over-saturated, compressed mess that it is today.

RockStarNick":2v3u5io9 said:

Jack71":2dydbkpy said:
Probably because so many confuse compression with gain and enough people started complaining that the amp wasn't gainy and forgiving enough to cover up their shoddy play, so Reinhold felt compelled to modify the XTC into the over-saturated, compressed mess that it is today.
Which Ecstasy have you been listening to?

Jack71":2lywu27x said:

RockStarNick":2lywu27x said:

You should go play a Mesa Mark V. :LOL: :LOL:

Nice, I think the 101Bs in the 90s are essentially the same amp with more features, right? It was not till 2003 that they added more(too much) gain to the red channel.

Stinks you have to keep the loop on all the time for the master to work! That would not work for me since for rhythm I always run dry.

Sounds better than clips I hear of the 20th XTC by a mile.

PSGuitar":3itfl88b said:
Nice, I think the 101Bs in the 90s are essentially the same amp with more features, right? It was not till 2003 that they added more(too much) gain to the red channel.

Stinks you have to keep the loop on all the time for the master to work! That would not work for me since for rhythm I always run dry.

Sounds better than clips I hear of the 20th XTC by a mile.

A lot changed from the 100B to the 101B, even with the first release of the 101B. 101's are more forgiving
and squishier (except the Classic.)

I always thought the 101's had more than enough of gain and failed to understand the 204 gain increase.

101's are more forgiving
and squishier (except the Classic.)

My style! That is why I like my Egnater Mod 50 so much.....forgiving and squishy. I think I would like a mid to late 90s XTC although a friend of mine got rid of his 100B and then got rid of his 101B to get the Egnater Mod 50. He said the Red channel was always missing something and didn't like the clean...

Back